Chapter Twenty Five

Not edited. 

I know that it was a long wait but I only just got my wireless back. 

Chapter Twenty Five:

(Lexi’s POV)

Pulling up outside his house I turned off the car and waited. Today was the day that everything was going to change. I was officially going to be single again and I couldn’t wait. As much as I liked having Bentley around I also felt that something was missing and I time had made me realise that the only thing that was missing was the spark. We had it at the start and everything was awesome but after awhile the spark died down. He lost trust in me and to be honest I think I had lost it in him a little bit as well. I had heard rumours that he had cheated on me but I was never one to listen to them. Now I sort of wished that I had paid attention to them because something in my gut made me feel like something had happened between us.

Rethinking my plan, I decided that it was bullot proof. I would walk up there with my head held high, knock twice. When he answered the door I would tell him that I didn’t think it would work and he would accept that. Then I would turn around and head home, to my father. After our little talk last night I realised that I sort of hoped he was here to stay. I missed having someone to care for me and to look after me. That’s why I think that I had relied so much on the boys, because I felt like they were the only people that were going to stay there and be sort of like a father figure for me.

Getting some courage I opened the door and strode towards his house. With every step I took I could feel the nerves fleering up inside me. What if he got angry? It’s not that I thought that he was going to hurt me because everyone knows that I could kick his ass in a fight, it was more of the fact that I didn’t  want to hurt his feelings. Even though I didn’t want to be boyfriend and girlfriend with him, that didn’t mean I still didn’t want to be friends.

He was fun to be around and I really did enjoy his company.

Once I had knocked twice I stepped back and waited patiently for an answer. After a few seconds the front door opened revealing a half naked Bentley in nothing more then a towel. I couldn’t help but think that he looked extremely good with his I just got out of the shower hair do.

When he spotted that it was me the smile that he wore on his face disappeared. Replaced but a guilty look that made me wonder why he felt the way he did. Deciding that I probably didn’t want to know, I put a blank expression on my face and said what I had planned to say from the beginning.

‘Bentley over the last few days I have realised that at the moment I’m not really ready for a relationship. I think that it would be better if I was single. So that’s why I’m here because I think that we should break up.’ I finished taking a deep breath.

He blinked in confusion as he figured out what I had just said.

‘Wait a second,’ He called stopping me from turning around. I raised an eyebrow hoping that he would hurry so I could get out of this embarrassing moment. ‘We were still together. I thought that after I left and you didn’t call that it sort of meant we had broken up.’

Could this moment get any more awkward?

“Well no I didn’t think that we had broken up but it doesn’t matter anymore because right now I’m breaking up with you. Understand?”