Chapter Twenty Four

Not edited. 

Just to let you know this book is coming to an end. There is only about three more chapter (one of which is the epilogue.) For more information read the authors note.

Chapter Twenty Four:

(Lexi's POV)

"If he tries anything call me and I'll kill him for you," Jarrod promised hugging me through the window. I laughed and shoved him out before starting the car. I sent all the boys a quick wave before speeding out the drive way. 

It was finally time to put the first step of my plan for future happiness into place. No matter how much I didn't want to do this I knew I had to. 

I knew that I had to sort things out with Bentley before I could really move on. 

All I could hope was that he was mature about it and that he understood why I'm doing what I'm doing. 

A few hours later.........

As I pulled into my drive way I realised that there was another car in the drive way. One that didn't belong to me or to anyone that I knew. Frowning in confusion I parked up and headed towards the door. 

Hopefully it wasn't a robber. I thought to myself as I stuck the keys in the lock and opened the door. I could smell something yummy smelling coming from the kitchen so i headed in that direction,  hoping that whoever was here would be in there. 

I know you might be wondering why I'm not scared at the thought of someone random being in my house. Well that’s because I was so use to the boys showing up and finding away into my houses that it didn't make second guess anymore. It was probably just one of the boys that had been out travelling or something, stopping by because they needed somewhere to stay. 

I knew it wouldn't be someone that was planning on killing me because it's not like they are going to be fixing themselves some dinner while they wait for me. 

Coming around the corner I heard rustling coming from the pantry. 

"It's not really good manners coming into someone’s house uninvited." I joked waiting for them to come out. 

"I’m pretty sure I still own the place," They said coming into my view. 

My mouth opened in shock at the person standing in front of me. Not in a million years had I thought that he would come back. Well not this quickly anyway. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Still totally confused. "Last time I checked you were hiding on other side of the world with my crazy ass mother."

He chuckled starting to stir the pot in front of him.

"To be honest your mother and I are getting divorced." I opened my mouth even wider in shock. 

"Why?" I asked suddenly interested. 

"I realised that I've really screwed up as a parent. So I’m going to try and fix that if you'll let me. I also decided that the first step of becoming a good father is to get rid of the person that's bringing me down. We don't match anymore, we both decided it was the best thing to do." He told me. "I wasn't expecting you home so early I thought you were away on holiday with your friends," 

How did he know that? I wondered but was to distracted by the fact that he was here to ask. 

I wasn't sure weather or not I should believe that he was actually here to work out our family issues. I mean don't you think its a little to late in life to try and play dad. But by saying that standing there looking at me with pleading eyes made me feel like he was being a hundred percent truthful.