Chapter 9: Change Of Plans

I've been in D.C. for a few days preparing my things to fly to London. Crawley left last weekend for California to visit the family, so I've been alone in the last couple of days.

Everything seemed calm, which felt really weird at some point. I haven't seen Roseline for a while since she's been busy at her office. When she finally made an appearance, the only thing she gave me was my ticket for the flight. It would've been a nice encounter if I haven't notice the day and time of the flight, which of course, I did.

"Um, why does it say that the time of departure on this ticket is today in less than three hours when you told me I was leaving tomorrow night?" I show her the pass though she ignores me as she types on her computer.

"Change of plans, you're parting early." She just says monotonously.

"And can you please explain to this confused soul about the sudden change of plans?"

"Confidential. Just be ready and a driver will be at the main entrance to take you to the airport." She says.

I stare at her in astonishment for a few seconds before saying the following. "Are you kidding me right now." That's when I slam the ticket on the table to get her attention, however she doesn't even flinch, which pisses me off even more. "What do you mean it's confidential? Did you forget that I am an agent as well? News flash, I became full-pledged a fucking year ago."

"Martinez, I don't have the time to be giving you an explanation, please exit the office this instant."

"I just don't understand--"

"Catrina Scarlette Martinez, I am demanding you to leave now." She raises her voice, which leaves me completely speechless for a moment. I shut my mouth and grab the ticket from the desk, heading out of the room right away.

"What the actual fuck." I say to myself.

And so I took the plane to London. Everything went smooth, I slept throughout the 13-hour flight, which is nothing surprising, but the good thing is that it kept me away from my anger towards McAddams.

Once I reached the hotel, I finally turned on my cellphone with the expectation of Roseline's messages bombarding me with questions of my arrival to the British city. However, the strangest thing was that no texts were coming in when the 4G connected. It was weird, but I figure that she didn't like the episode I put up in front of her yesterday at her office, so now she is ignoring me.

"Well, hello London." I drop my phone inside the drawer of the side table. If she was going to ignore me, then what was the point of keeping that on me?

I decide to take a walk around the streets of the Square Mile; I wasn't going to miss the opportunity to explore one of the most popular cities on the planet.

However, a sharp pain in my lower stomach all of the sudden strikes, causing me to flinch and even bent a bit forward. You're probably thinking it was someone who struck me from the back? Well, I wouldn't say the back, I'd most likely say my ovaries...

That's right, Mother Nature just hit me like a motherfucking bus. Good thing is that I was already prepared for it, but I forgot one of the most important weapons to combat against the pain: ibuprofen.

Thanks to the pressure I was placed into packing for here, I forgot I was starting my period soon and I didn't put that in my suitcase.

"I'm going, I don't care what's happening to me. I'm not leaving before exploring, damn it." I tell myself, enduring the pain and slowly pacing towards the exit.