Chapter 18: Between Kisses and Disses

He slightly pulls away and opens his eyes, revealing his bright green orbs. "What do you have to say now?"

I am speechless, and I think he got the memo.

"Nothing?" He leans back, now confused. "Hello?" Waves his hands close to my -- likely blank -- face.

"Do I need to do it again?"

Wait, what.

Before I know it, his face nears back in again. Unfortunately for him, this time I am conscious enough to cover his mouth the second it almost touches mine.

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh, you're alive."

"What the hell?" I ask in disbelief. "What did you just do?"

There is an unexplainable pause before he goes into this thinking pose. "Well, let's see. Last time I was taught, about such action, this was called 'kis--"

"Why did you do that, Styles." I ask him in a really serious tone, in hopes that he will understand I'm not playing.

He fixes his posture, sitting up inches away from me. He grabs my hand and stares at it for a second. "Well, first of all, you wouldn't shut up. Secondly, you were hitting me way too much; and last but not least, you saved my life so you deserved a prize in return." He pretends to be serious but his eyes give away how hard he is trying to hold his laughter.

I cringe in disgust at what he just said. "So you give every girl these so-called 'prizes' when they do you a favor? That just confirmed that you aren't such a decent gentleman and love to fling aro--"

He grabs me by the back of my neck and kisses me again, this time is more intense as he brings me closer to his torso. The only thing separating us a few centimeters away are my hands clutching onto his soaked dress shirt.

I hate to admit it, but this feels so good.

Before he pulls away once again, he pecks my numb lower lip one more time. Our foreheads touch and we are both breathless. "I don't kiss people for fun. Let alone twice in a spam of two minutes."

"A-Are you aware of what you're getting youself into?" I finally open my eyes to look at him.

"If it makes you realize how much I care about you." He retorts almost bluntly, his face expresionless.

"Hold up, you? Care about me?" Time to throw receipts, comes up in my mind. "You don't even dare to message me at least a 'kill yourself' and you have the guts to say that?"

"Pardon? Wait wait wait." He jumps into defense. "What are you talking about? You are the one who never messages me wherever you go, which drives me mad because I always end up finding out from Niall! How do you expect me to text you when clearly you have preference?"

I glare at him. "I do not have preference."

"Then why would you text the others instead of me?" He insists on getting an answer, and I am getting annoyed.

"Because you are dating! Or what, you think I don't read the articles with you dating Taylor?"

"That was last year."

"Sure, what about Kendall?" And that is where I drop the bomb. This kid thinks I'm stupid, but I see those articles at the airport all the time.

Harry is taken aback, which I expected that to happen.