18: FINISTERRA ISLAND

Photo - Saroh

Photo - Saroh

**

The Balanga arrives at Finisterra Island and the boys meet the hot and hunky but not-too-friendly Saroh.

Brad fell into a deep and dreamless sleep despite the hot night and Clint and Jimmy laying all over him. It seemed the other two could not stay off of him, even if they tried. They started off with him in the middle and each of them three or four inches on the sides. But before any of them could actually fall asleep, they inevitably crept onto him, all cozy and cuddly.

They just couldn't leave him alone, and it made Brad very happy.

He awoke early as the stars were twinkling out and fading away in the east. He lay there watching daylight as it spread over the sky until the fiery edge of the sun peered over the horizon.

He'd been so caught up in the world's awakening that he hadn't realized he was no longer in the middle. Jimmy was. He couldn't remember changing positions and figured one of them must've gotten up to go to the head and then plopped back down in a different spot.

He watched Jimmy and Clint next to him. They were both still dead to the world, their handsome faces right next to each other, forehead to forehead, nose to nose, and mouth to mouth. They were actually breathing into each other's mouths. It was a prettier sight than the whole sunrise and the beginning of the day. Brad moved to get closer to them, join their mouths with his and wake them up with a kiss when he saw Rondin watching them up by the bow. The kanaka man turned away and raised the binoculars he was carrying and looked out to sea.

His slick movement gave Brad the creeps. Had he been watching him and Clint and Jimmy through the glasses from a different viewpoint? Brad knew Rondin had the later watch, but was the man just making his rounds or had he been specifically watching them?

Brad didn't know what to think, but he tried to shake off the funny feeling it gave him. After all, they weren't being secretive about their affection for each other. The others were bound to be curious about it, a little bit at least, maybe one or two of them a whole lot. They couldn't expect to carry on with each other in public and not have other eyes upon them, not three hot young hunks like them.

Brad focused on brighter thoughts. Today they'd land at Finisterra Island, 'the island at the end of the world'. And he'd meet the boy Saroh whose picture rested in his pocket next to his heart. He knew it was crazy to be crushing on a boy he didn't even know. Especially when he had Clint and Jimmy at his side twenty-four hours a day. But he couldn't help it.

Brad knew he'd meet Saroh today and then he'd have to leave the island tomorrow, never to see the boy again. But in his heart he didn't really believe that. Like with the galaxy Andromeda last night, Brad had the strangest feeling that his fate and Saroh's were somehow intertwined, and that their meeting today would not be just some chance encounter. Instead, one orchestrated by fate.