20: CAPTIVE ON THE MOUNTAIN

Spasms of rage rocked through Brad Cooper as he glared at the leering Kee and his tong pirates. He should've known it was them when he'd seen that yacht on the sea. Of course it was them, going to Finisterra Island to get Saroh, kidnap him, just like Kee had said he'd do at the hotel the other night. He'd take Saroh away, hoping to make the boy his personal love slave.

Brad thought he would explode from the anger boiling up in him. He should have done something. But what could he have possibly done? There was already so much on his mind, how could he predict what was going to happen next? And there was nothing he could do about it now. The rifles were all raised and pointing at Saroh and him. He wasn't armed, only Saroh had a gun, and no way could Brad pull it out of the boy's holster now.

"What the fuck do you want?" he spit out at Kee.

Looking more like the tough guy he purported to be because of the black eye and swollen chin, Kee growled back, "For starters, American boy, I want you to take your fuckin' hands off Saroh. He's mine!"

"Yours?" Brad shot back at him. "Over my dead body, you sleazy dickbag."

Kee grinned, adjusting his rifle so it was pointing directly at Brad. "That can be easily arranged. Think you're somethin', huh, because you can knock me out when I'm drunk? You're nothing but a prissy faggot, you and your homo boyfriends. Take your hands off Saroh right now or I'll shoot. To kill."

Before Brad could think of what to do next, Saroh had wriggled out of his grasp and pushed him away.

"Leave him alone!" the mission boy demanded of Kee, his stance rigid with determination. "Don't hurt him. Please! I'll do what you want. Just leave him alone."

Startled, Brad gaped at him. But he knew better than to say anything. He knew Saroh was trying to barter for his safety at the boy's own expense.

Brad was paralyzed with fear that they were going to be parted. Or maybe even worse.

Kee looked at the bigger Ho Chin, who was standing next to him, and they both chuckled. Then he turned back to Saroh. "You're really sweet on the American boy, huh? I guess he is sort of 'hot stuff', as they say over there. Have you sucked his dick yet? Let him fuck you? I should kill him right now because of what he did to me the other night. I ..."

"No! No!" Saroh's hands had balled into fists and were now pumping up and down in front of him. "I'll go with you. I know what you want. I'll do anything. Just don't hurt him. Please! I'm begging you."

Brad couldn't stand another second of this. He had to do something. He couldn't let Saroh sacrifice himself. The boy had moved a couple feet away and Brad now lunged over to him and pulled the gun out of his holster. He swung his arm in order to shoot at Kee but Saroh jumped at him, knocking the gun out of Brad's hand with a strong punch of his fist.