31: INTO THE CAVES OF FIRE

PHOTO - Rondin

PHOTO - Rondin

The three boys barreled down the temple staircase hooting and hollering with a wild eagerness to get on with their incredible mission.

"Wahoo!" Saroh shouted, and it echoed throughout the deserted City of Death. "Yi! Yii! Yiii! Yiiii! Yiiiii! Ha! Like the Indians in the American western movies. And the cowboys too! Yippeee! Yipeee! Yi! Yi! Yay!"

Brad laughed at him. "You totally gotta go to Hollywood. They'll snap you up in a jiffy, right off the street. You can play in all the South Seas adventure movies. You're the quintessential island boy."

"Hey, what about me?" Kyrri stuck his nose in. "My DNA comes from these parts. All of it. I'm as much an island boy as he is. And I have experience too. I made some training videos for the soldiers. I want to go to this place called Hollywood too."

Brad's eyes gleamed at the thought of it. "They'd have to start a whole series of Palua Pae movies with you two guys starring. I can be a co-star, an American boy who comes out here looking for adventure. I'll be ... uh ... hey, New Jersey Jones. Ha! How about that, boys, huh?"

"That'd sure be swell," Saroh agreed. "We can call you 'Jones'. Awesome. 'Hey man, how ya doin', Jones?'" He hooted and pointed at Kyrri. "He can be Kalahawaii Kyrri and I'll be Saroh of the Islands. Hot damn! The girls'll all be getting' wet and the boys creamin' their pants just lookin' at us up on the silver screen."

Brad grinned, punching a fist into the air. "We'll be a sensation. We'll have to stay out here forever to film all the movies. And when Clint and Jimmy find out about it, they'll want to be in them too."

"Right. Ohmygod Brad, I forgot all about them." Saroh smirked and his eyes widened. "Man, I don't know if Hollywood can handle all five of us. We might blow up the screen."

They had reached the bottom of the stairs and jumped off onto the road, Kyrri leading the way. "Who are Clint and Jimmy?" he asked.

Brad couldn't help a gloating chuckle. "Oh boy, do you have a surprise coming. They're two of our friends who should be showing up here sooner or later. And they're totally super-duper hot fellas."

Kyrri stared at him a moment, then, "You've got to be kidding. There's more pretty Earth boys coming?"

"Pretty ain't the word, mate," Saroh answered. "Jimmy's a kanaka boy like you and part white like I am. When you see him you're heart's gonna start thumping and your dick throbbing. And Clint ... jeez! He looks pretty much like Brad but he's big and built like your older soldier bros. Haha! When you see him you might just pass right out. Or maybe attack him."

Brad snorted. "If he doesn't attack Kyrri first, you mean. Clint sort of likes that blond kanaka boy look."

Saroh bumped Brad's hip with his own. "What? As if we don't?"