Dec. 31st 2015 and Jan. 1st 2016: New Years

11:30 PM:

~~You there?

Yes, what's up?

~~Were you asleep? You seemed to take forever to respond?

I was taking a piss. No I was not asleep, It's fucking New Years Eve!

~~Ew, thanks, I didn't need to know you were pissing, babe.

What?! Even a girl has to pissed! So, what are you doing New Years?

~~Txting my bae, what do you think? LOL

Um...Jerking off? 😂

~~I do that everyday. I don't need to do it on special occasions.

Ew! That's something I didn't need to know! Keep it in your pants!

~~I'll try, honey, how come I have pet names for you, but you don't have any for me?

Um...how about Hun, James? I think it'll suit you perfectly! 

~~Hun? Really? Well, I love it. It's perfect. Babe. I love calling you babe.

I know, you constantly call me that! And we're not even dating! How about you come over?

~~Why?

You're supposed to kiss on New Years right?

~~Well, yeah.

You live two blocks down, and we have twenty mins, please!

~~Babe, no. I don't want to.

Don't want to, or can't?

~Just don't want to. It's cold and idiots are on the street.

Okay...Well, I'm going to hang with my fam. 

~~Over me not coming over?

I've just got better things to do than txt. 🙅

~~You're pissed! Fine, go hang with your fam!😤

I will! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa sat on the couch, watching the TV, hoping for a response, her love, James, never responded. She knew it would be hard to make up with the fight they just had. James had a fear of driving at night, and Vanessa couldn't drive, not after she broke her ankle. 

They clock rang 11:50, and Vanessa checked her phone. The last text was at 11:48, two minutes ago. She felt horrible, and upset. She went to get up when knocking came. Her father barreled around her, darting to the door. The door opened, and footsteps came. Vanessa thought it was her father's new girlfriend, but the figure stood in front of her.

"You wanted me here." He breathed, a tall, blond haired man stood in front of her. He knelt down, brushing her red hair. "Happy?" He asked. She looked away, and he sighed.

"I thought you weren't coming over?" She breathed. "After all, it ended in a fight." She brushed her stray tears away. James wrapped his arms around her, and lifted her up. She leaned against him, and he brushed her cheek. 

"I wasn't, but my mother saw the texts, and got pissed, she yelled at me, telling me to come over and comfort you. You were only trying to see me. And I hurt you." He whispered, they heard everyone counting down. "Ready?" He asked. She looked up at him. "Five.....four......three....two..."

Vanessa quickly cut him off as one hit. She smashed her lips onto his, and he tightened his grip. She brushed his head softly, and he lifted her up, breaking the kiss. "Now I'm happy." She smiled. He rolled his eyes, and walked up a small set of stairs to her room. They entered and he sat her down, then sat next to her.

"Babe, I have some info that you need to hear, now." He grabbed her thigh softly.

"And that is?" She tilted her head, staring at him. He didn't respond. Vanessa tried to think of what it could. She had recently enrolled into Trade School, hopefully, he got in as well.

"I didn't get it. I got into an University." He breathed. Vanessa went wide eyed. "I know we planned go to the same school but it didn't work! I'm so sorry." He breathed. Vanessa leaned against him, and he slipped his arm around her.

"Two year or four year?" She asked.

"Four." He breathed. She grew angry, they had a second plan, if one of them got into a University that it'd be two years. She shifted, and he looked at her.

"Go home, James. I'm tired." Vanessa got up, and hopped over to her closet, pulling out her pj bottoms. James grabbed her hips. "I said go home." She growled.

"No, I'm not going!" He hissed. She faced him, and narrowed her gaze.

"We had a plan! And you ruined it!" She finally gave into her tears. He held her and brushed her back. He pressed his nose to her hair.

"I know baby, I know. But my parents, they want me to do what they think is best for me. I couldn't do two years, and they wouldn't let me go to Trade School." He breathed. Vanessa cried heavier, and he sighed, brushing her back. "Shh, please, don't cry!" He whispered. A cough came, and they looked at the man.

"What is she crying about?" It was James's father.

"Because of you ruining my plans for collage! I wanted to go to trade school to be a mechanic, not some stupid doctor!" James snarled. His father laughed, and walked over, he leaned down to Vanessa.

"Your father wants you into collage, doesn't he?" He asked.

"No, I let her choose. She wanted Trade School, so I gave it to her. She wants to be like her old man, I went to trade school, and became a mechanic." Dad growled. James's father jerked his head up, and looked at dad. 

"You let your daughter ruin her life?" He asked.

"Actually, Vanessa went to rehab, because of her mother. Her mother got her hooked on drugs and alcohol." Dad breathed. She looked at James, he knew about it. He leaned down and kissed her cheek.

"We'll text every day, I promise." He smiled, and Vanessa nodded. James looked at his father, his father was glaring at Vanessa. James helped Vanessa to the bed, and kissed her. "Text you in the morning." He smiled. They headed out and Vanessa got changed and went to bed, smiling softly.