June 19th 2016: Happy Birthday and Father's Day

10:30 A.M.

~Hey, what's your father doing?

Sleeping. In my bed! He passed out last night drunk!

~Are you in there?

No, I crashed on the couch in my room. 

~So, he's still asleep?

Yep, I've been stacking condom wrappers on his face. 😝

~Really?

Yep. Wanna see a pic?

~No, taking your word.

Aww, what about a dick pic? 

~No, well, want me to send you one?

No, I was making a joke.

~Well, when he wakes up, text me, well, I'mma come over. Give me a min.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa sat on her bed, setting wrapper after wrapper on her father's forehead, James stepped in, and rolled his eyes. Vanessa smiled, and smirked. She pointed down.

"So he's got morning wood. What's the big deal?" James asked. "Oh, safe sex." He gave a quiet chuckle. Vanessa grabbed a pencil and brushed her father. He gave a groan and jerked up, letting the wrappers fall.

"Vanessa!" He snapped.

"It was a pencil, and I was promoting safe sex." She giggled. He looked at all the condom wrappers. "See?" She giggled.

"They were on my forehead?" He asked. She nodded, "Rachel! Vanessa just tortured me with wrappers!" Dad got up, and walked off, dropping all the wrappers.

"I wish she would use them." Vanessa sighed. James walked over and tossed one at her. 

"We do." James leaned down and kissed her. 

"Yes we do." Vanessa smiled and he got on top of her, smiling.

-

They stood downstairs, staring at her father, who was asleep-again-, with his face in his breakfast.

"Syrup in his face, and hair." James muttered, Vanessa smirked and walked over. 

"DADDY! RACHEL IS GOING INTO LABOR!" Vanessa yelled, her father jerked up, and looked at her. "I lied, you had your face in your breakfast." Vanessa muttered. Her father got up, and walked to the bathroom. When he got down, he glared at Vanessa. "What? I just wanted to spend Father's Day with my father." She muttered.

"Well, I don't want to spend it with my daughter." He growled, she flinched, and sighed.

"Fine! I'll just go kill myself! After all your bitch of a girl wants me to break off with James and get attacked by some loser!" Vanessa screamed and raced off, she raced down the sidewalk, upset. She didn't care if James was going after her, she knew the path she took better than anyone. She raced into traffic, dodging a couple cars that passed. She darted down to the river, racing to find a spot to hide.

-

She stood on a rock, taking in the damp air. She stared at the water, the dark brown swirling water raged on, like a fire consuming a city in one hour. 

"Vanessa, we can talk about this." James breathed.

"Shut up! I'm tired of her, I'm tired of my father, and I'm tired of you!" Vanessa hissed. 

"Vanessa, please, we can talk, if you tell your father how you feel, then he'll understand you better!" James pleaded with her.

"He won't even talk to me! Rachel's so much more important! I bet if I were to leap in and drown, he wouldn't even attend my funeral!" Vanessa spat.

"You're wrong, Vanessa, you're my daughter, my only child. I love you so much, and I know I've been neglecting you, but you're eighteen!" Dad breathed.

"I want to spend time with MY FATHER, but he doesn't give a shit! He hates me! Rachel is so damn perfect! I bet you wish you never had me!" Vanessa screamed. She took a step forward. 

"Vanessa, stop it!" Rachel hissed. 

"GET AWAY! If she comes near me, I'm leaping in!" Vanessa spat.

"Rachel, just stop." Dad growled.

"No, she's going to have accept that I'm going to be her new mother now." Vanessa glanced at Rachel who raced over to, Vanessa leaped. 

"NO!" Dad screamed he raced over, grabbing her arm. She swung back, hitting the rock she was once on. "Vanessa please, you need to stop this nonsense. I'm sorry I've been neglecting you, I shouldn't be. I'm so sorry." He held onto her, giving into the tears Vanessa never saw. "I'm so sorry, Nessy, I should've never neglected you." He cried. Vanessa gave a small shake. "James, get over here." Dad snapped. James raced over and leaned down, grabbing onto Vanessa, they pulled her up, and Dad yanked her to him, crying into her shoulder.

"Happy now?" James spat at Rachel. "You've ruined a bond they once had, because you thought you can be this perfect mother to Vanessa? There is no perfect mother to Vanessa, but her father. Vanessa has a mother and father, she doesn't need some woman to take that spot from her father." James spat. Vanessa looked at her father, he brushed her cheek softly and held her.

"My ribs hurt." Vanessa muttered.

"Let's get you home." Dad murmured, holding Vanessa close to him as they headed off. 

"Daddy, Happy birthday." Vanessa smiled. Dad smiled, and rested his chin on her head. "And Daddy, I love you." 

"I love you too, darling." Dad choked out.