June 27th 2016: Camping Trip

7:00 A.M.

~Whatcha doing today?

Going camping.

~Ooh, who's all going?

Just dad and I. As a Daddy-daughter week.

~Cool. When will you be back?

In a week, hopefully. Dad says we're going to O'Brien. Trip down memory lane.

~Sweet, well, if you have WiFi, or signal, take pics, I'd like to see them.

Will do. Love you.

~Love you too, honey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vanessa! You ready?" Dad called.

"No! I'm in the bathroom at the moment!" Vanessa hissed. 

"Sorry!" Dad laughed. Vanessa finished up, and walked downstairs. "Now?" He asked.

"Yep." She smiled, Rachel walked over and glared.

"You're not going, Vanessa, it's a date week." She growled.

"Rachel, it's not a date week, it's a father-daughter week." Dad sighed. Rachel glared at him. "I'm not doing this again. It's bad enough you're pregnant." Dad pushed through.

"I miscarried a week ago." Rachel muttered, Dad went cold. Vanessa looked up at her father. 

"When we get back, we're having a very long talk." Dad growled. Rachel gave a sigh. 

"I'll stay with family till then." Rachel hurried out the door. Dad quickly ran up to his room, doing something. Vanessa waited for him, but when he didn't come down right away, Vanessa raced up. She leaned in and saw him crying. Vanessa walked over and Dad laid on his bed, crying into his pillow. 

"Daddy?" Vanessa laid by him, resting her head on his back. "Are you alright?" She asked. He sat up, forcing her to sat up. He grabbed onto her, holding onto her.

"No, I'm not." He cried into her shoulder. Vanessa held onto her father, letting him cry. 

-

After an hour, they headed off, Vanessa stared out the window, listening to her father ramble on about how pissed he was at Rachel.

"Daddy, I don't mean to interrupt, but break it off with her. Kick her to the curb, she's nothing but a gold digger, but she doesn't want money, what she wants, is kids. Trust me, James did a background check on her. It turns out, that she's had at least twenty kids, since she was fifteen. She's forty-five now? All of those cases, ended with the fathers taking custody of the kids. She's miscarried a lot of them, because she wants sympathy." Vanessa muttered.

"You know it's not right to pry into people's past, right?" He asked.

"Nothing Else Matters." Vanessa sang.

"I hate you. But, thank you. Knowing that, makes my decision easier. I wanted to end it with her before she got pregnant, but when she came, "Hun, I'm pregnant" I felt like shit. I'm Fifty years old, and I created a child. What the fuck? Wouldn't she have gone through..." He glanced at Vanessa.

"I know what you mean, that's what got freaky, James seduced a nurse, and got info. She had a surrogate. The ultrasound was staged. It was the ultrasound of the surrogate's stomach, replayed." Vanessa muttered.

"Wow, how did he seduce her?" He asked.

"He said he'd take her out on a very romantic date. Including a good dance on the beach. After we got what we needed, I walked in and kissed him, she flipped, never before had she been used. But we got her." Vanessa smiled. 

"Well, anyways, when we get home, I'm breaking it off with her." Dad murmured.

"Good! Because I want you all to myself! I wanna go to bars with you, have fun, watch movies, pee our pants, like we used to." Vanessa smiled.

"You were the only one who'd end up pissing your pants." Dad murmured.

"Not when you were drunk. "I'll be right back." Goes up to the bathroom, forgets to move his pants, and pisses in them. "Vanessa! I need you do something!" I end up cleaning up your mess, while you shower." Vanessa laughed.

"Okay, thanks for reminding me." He chuckled. Vanessa giggled, and they got to the campsite. They set up the camper, and settled in. Vanessa looked around, before taking in a deep breath. 

"Hey, Daddy, tonight, can we just cuddle inside and watch a movie? Since we did just get here, then tomorrow, bright and early, we go fishing?' Vanessa asked.

"Sure." Dad kissed her head. Vanessa smiled and leaned against him, smiling.