August 25th 2016: Hospitalized

2:30 A.M

Wake up. It's important.

~I'm up.

Dad's in the hospital!

~What happened?

We went to bed last night, and this morning I woke up to him screaming out in pain.

~Are you at the hospital?

Yeah, they have dad on morphine. He's sleeping now.

~Alright, I should be there in ten twenty minutes.

Okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James got there, and he sat beside Vanessa, he held her to him, as she gave into her tears. He brushed her back softly, nuzzling her.

"Shh, it's alright. You got him to the hospital, they're taking care of him." James murmured. Vanessa nodded, and a doctor walked in, he walked over to them, and sat down.

"Your father, is he an alcoholic?" He asked.

"No, yes he drinks, but not that much. Parties, special occasions. Sometimes on the weekend, but nothing more than three beers. I make sure he doesn't drink much. Once he gets drunk, everyone is fair game. I've woken up to him passed out on my floor. With his fly unzipped. He had a puddle around himself, but that was it. He drinks, I stay up, till he goes to bed. So I know he isn't drinking while I sleep." Vanessa explained.

"Okay, well, I wanted that out of the way, because we're going to do minor surgery, he'll be up to walking in a few days. He murmured.

"Okay." Vanessa nodded. James held Vanessa, sitting her on his lap. 

"Get some sleep, I'll be right here." He smiled. Vanessa nodded, and they curled up, drifting off. Vanessa was so worried about her father, that morning didn't come fast enough.

-

Morning came, and they got her father ready for surgery. Vanessa kissed her father's forehead.

"You be good, you hear?" She smiled.

"So no fart jokes?' He asked, laughing. 

"No sexual jokes. Got me?" Vanessa nuzzled him.

"Yes darling." He smiled. Vanessa leaned against James, watching them wheel her father to surgery.

-

10:30 P.M

Babe, you still up?

~Yep, how's your father?

It was a success, still farting a lot. 

~Haha

Well, it wasn't as bad as before. 

~Is he sleeping?

Yeah, he's asleep. Though I don't know for how long. 

~What do you mean by that?

He has to use the bathroom a lot.

~That bad?

The nurses got tired of it. So they took that alarm thing off the bed.

~So, now you do it?

Yep. Hold on, bathroom run.

~Okay.

11:00 P.M

Back, he's laying down, watching TV.

~Good. Is he on stool softeners, and laxatives? 

Yes, doc has him on it, because of his gallbladder.

~Must suck.

Well, they said when we get him home, that he should stay near a bathroom.

~So, what'll happen in sleeping arrangements?

He'll stay in my room. He'll sleep on my bed, I'll sleep on the couch. I need to watch his intake of food, and water, and his pills. But in a few weeks, he should be back to new.

~Good, I better get some sleep. Night.

Night.