Feb. 29 2016: Leap Year

3:00 P.M.

~How come you weren't at school?

Got sick yesterday. Reason why I didn't respond to your texts. 

~Oh, baby! I'm coming over!

No, please, I'm trying to rest.

~I'm still coming over! I want to snuggle with you, to keep your warm.

Fine. But be quiet, my head hurts.

~Right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When James got there, he curled up on her bed, kissing her hair.

"You smell. When was the last time you showered?" He asked.

"Friday night." She coughed, he brushed her forehead. He gave a sigh, and nuzzled her.

"Get some sleep, honey. I'll be right here when you wake up." He whispered. Vanessa nodded, giving a small shiver.

-

When she woke up, James was walking into the room.

"Shit! Sorry, I had to use the bathroom." He chuckled, Vanessa gave a small laugh, before coughing heavily. 

"What year is a frog's favorite year?" Vanessa asked, settling her breathing.

"Dunno, you've got me." James murmured, he sat next to her.

"Leap year." Vanessa smiled. James laughed.

"It's only funny, because it's a leap year." He smiled. Vanessa laughed, but stopped as she started coughing. James brushed her back. She looked at him.

"Kiss?" She giggled.

"And get me sick?" He chuckled, he shifted, and she leaned against him. "Do you have a spare promise ring?" He asked. She looked up at me. "I want to take the promise with you. To wait till after I graduate from collage." He breathed, Vanessa stared up at him, her eyes began to water.

"R-Really?" She asked, he nodded. She wrapped her arms around him, and he held her. "I love you, hun." She sniffled. 

"I love you too, babe." He cooed. She sat back, and leaned to her nightstand, where she pulled out a small box. She looked at him, and held it out. He took it, and opened it, she grabbed the ring, and slipped it onto his finger.  "I promise, to absent from sex, till I graduate collage, where I can take your virginity." He murmured. Vanessa smiled and wrapped her arms around him.