July 3rd 2016: Back Home

3:00 P.M

Home! And awake!

~Sweet! I'm coming over, get ready to tell me everything you did!

Will do, hun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James raced over, and hopped onto her bed. "Alright, tell me everything." He smiled.

"So, our first day, we hung out, talked, made burgers on the fire, then we watched a movie, and then fell asleep, curled up next to each other. Anyways, the next morning, we got up, got changed, and went fishing, I got a bass, and a crappie. Dad caught a lot of nibbles on his toes." Vanessa giggled.

"Serious?" James asked.

"Yeah, He pulled out is toes, and there was this little fish nibbling on his pinkie toe. It was cute." Vanessa giggled. "We released the fish, and went back to the campsite, where we went for a bike ride, and then when we got back, we made dinner, and sat by the fire, talking.  Then we watched a movie, and headed to bed." Vanessa smiled.

"Then what?' He asked.

"Well, we went to the beach the next day, and we ended up almost getting stuck up in the fire tower after the beach. I got to the top, looked down, and fainted. Dad caught me, and when I woke up, he coaxed me down, and praised me, though when I did get down, I raced to a bush."  Vanessa smiled.

"To throw up?" He asked.

"To take a piss, I got so scared, I had to pee." Vanessa giggled. "The next day, I got sick, and ended up having to be taken care of. Then we got ready to leave the following day, and I just got back from the doctors, all it was, was a stomach bug, it's gone now." Vanessa smiled. 

"Good, because I wanna make love to you." He kissed her, smiling.

-

Vanessa and James walked down, and Dad stood facing Rachel.

"Rachel, the truth is, I'm not in love with you." Dad murmured. "At first you were just a fling, but when you told me you were "pregnant"." He used air quotations on "pregnant", "I felt like shit. I didn't want another child, I wanted my daughter more. She's everything to me, I love her to death." Dad murmured.

"Fine, if that's what you want, that's what you'll get. I'm leaving." She walked upstairs, and took her stuff and left. Dad looked at Vanessa and sighed.

"Thanks, I mean it." He walked over and hugged them. Vanessa smiled, and James gave a small chuckle. 

"So, now what?" James asked.

"We could go for a walk, to a park, we could go play soccer or kickball." Vanessa murmured.

"Yeah! But I'm pitcher, the whole time, let's see who's better at kicking, or catching." Dad smiled. Vanessa nodded, and kissed James.

-

When they got back, Vanessa sat icing her ankle.

"Sorry. Again. I didn't mean to hit her so hard that you'd fall and hurt your ankle." James muttered.

"Say that to my face! You hit me in the face!" Vanessa growled. She brushed her cheek with the cold rag. 

"Sorry about that too." James murmured.

"Come over here!" Vanessa glared. He walked over and she slugged him, between his legs. He fell to the ground. 

"I totally deserved that." He groaned. Vanessa laughed softly.

"I feel much better." She held out the ice pack. "Here, you need it more." She smiled. He took it and sat it in is pants. 

"Ahh, it feels so good." He breathed. Vanessa laughed softly, and smiled. Dad sat near them, smiling softly. Vanessa looked at her father, and blushed.

"Why are you blushing?' Dad asked.

"Because I look cute with a little blush." She smiled. "And, because of this." Vanessa handed her father a box. He opened it, and looked at it. 

"A locket?" He asked. He opened it, and broke into tears. "Oh, Vanessa." He grabbed onto her, holding her softly. "It's wonderful." He whispered.

"James and I bought it, I cropped the pictures so they'd fit." Vanessa smiled. Dad hugged James softly, and kissed Vanessa's cheek. 

"It's perfect." He smiled.