May 8th 2016: Mother's Day

10:45 A.M.

Babe! Its been a week! Have you been avoiding me?

~Why do you care?

What's wrong?

~Oh, don't play dumb! I saw you with that man!

Who? Richard? The tall black haired man?

~Yeah!

That man, is my cousin.

~Your cousin?

Yeah. He came to visit me, from Texas.

~I feel so bad now.

Good, because I feel worse!

~What do you mean?

I feel worse because you hurt my feelings.

~I'm so sorry. 

You better be. Go spend Mother's day with your mother.

~I don't want to, not when your upset.

Go, James. I'm busy.

~Fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa laid on her bed, smiling. Dad sat at the edge, holding out a card. Vanessa took it. She opened it, and went wide eyed. There's no easy way to say it, but you're going to be a half-sister. Her worst nightmare came true. She looked at her father, his smile fell.

"You're lying right?' Vanessa choked out. He shook his head. "Kill it! I'm not sharing you!" Vanessa cried. Her father sprang over to her, going to hug her, but she darted away.

"Vanessa! You're eighteen!" He breathed.

"I don't care!" Vanessa cried, she leaned against the wall. "I don't want to share you! I never did! I was fine with you having a girlfriend. I'm not fine with you being a father again!" Dad sighed, giving her a small glare.

"Fine, be that way!' He stormed off, and Vanessa fell to her knees, crying. 

"I hate you! I hope the baby's a stillborn!" Vanessa screamed. She leaned against the wall, bawling. She heard the door slam open, and her father grabbed her shirt. 

"You are being so aro- Vanessa?" He asked. Vanessa laid limp in his grasp. She sniffled, and he sat her down. "Why are you acting like this? You'll be going to collage shortly." 

"I'm not going to a university. I'm not moving out." Vanessa muttered. Her father sighed.

"So you haven't asked?" he asked.

"I'm not leaving!" Vanessa snapped.

"I heard you the first time." Dad sighed. "You're eighteen." Dad breathed. Vanessa glared at him.

"Fine, you win!" Vanessa got up and grabbed her phone, racing out. She raced past her father's girlfriend, and took off down the sidewalk. She didn't want to deal with her father. She raced down to the river, sitting on the rocks. She looked at the river, sighing. Why did he have to get her pregnant? Doesn't he know that I'm more important?

Her phone vibrated and she looked at it.

12:45

~Vanessa, come home.

No!

~Vanessa, don't make me come get you. I know you're at the river.

Leave me alone!

~No! We're going to talk, whether you like it or not!

No! you want me to leave so you can start a new family. 

~Vanessa, you're growing up.

NO! I don't want that damn speech!

~Get home, now!

NO! Get rid of her! I own you!

~No you don't.

Your pushing me away because you hate me! I know it!

~I do not!

Leave me alone!

~Vanessa Russel, get your ass home!

No. I'm done with this.

~Vanessa! Come home please.