May 25th 2016: Happy Birthday

12:35 P.M.

James! We need to talk!

~About? You're father told me you were still grounded.

But- It's your birthday!

~Don't care. You told him you wanted the child killed.

But! I didn't mean it, I was upset!

~Doesn't matter! That is your half-sibling.

It's not like you haven't felt like that before!

~You're right, I have, but I didn't scream it at my father!

Fine! Have a very shitty birthday alone!

And we're through!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vanessa laid on her side. "How much longer is it going to be till I finally kick him to the curb? I love him, but we continue to fight." Vanessa sighed, and curled up with her pillow. Dad walked in, and leaned against the wall.

"I'm letting you celebrate James's birthday." Dad grumbled.

"We broke up." Vanessa muttered. She heard footsteps, and felt a hand rest on her head.  "Don't give me the "I'm so sorry" speech. I'm done with that. I understand I snapped, but I was upset. I felt as if you were going to kick me out. I'm not leaving till after Trade School. When I can get a job." Vanessa muttered.

"I understand that, darling. But snapping at me to get rid of it, and her, and that you hope that the baby is a stillborn, I still have to punish your behavior." Dad brushed her head softly. "I'm sorry I was so rough, but I was trying to get you to see the error." He breathed.

"I know it was wrong, but I was upset! You're mine! I don't want to share you!" Vanessa cried. "After mommy left, you were the only one there!" She sniffled. He wrapped his arms around her, and she leaned against him, crying.

"I didn't know you felt that way." Dad whispered, he brushed her back softly, letting her cry. He heard her phone, and checked it. He texted someone, and sat down her phone. "Vanessa, baby girl, James is worried. He's wondering if you'd go with him on a date, just to talk. I told him to come over." Dad murmured.

"Oh, okay." Vanessa sniffled. They heard knocking, then footsteps. James popped in.

"Am I interrupting?" James asked, walking over.

"I finally found out why she snapped about the baby. She fears that I'm going to leave her, like her mother." Dad breathed.

"Really?" James asked. He walked over to them, and he sat behind her. "Babe, come here. I want to talk to you." James whispered, Vanessa shifted, and leaned against him. Dad left, and James held her. "Do you really believe he'll leave you?" James asked. Vanessa nodded.

"I do, James. I'm so scared! I love my father, and I fear if he leaves with her, I'll be all alone." Vanessa sniffled. James brushed her head. 

"I'm here for you, but I understand what you mean." He kissed her head. "Why don't we just cuddle? Mom said we could have my birthday here. She'll be here in a few hours." He shifted, and they laid down, curling up next to each other. "I love you, and I understand I upset you, but I don't want you to always resort with breaking up with me. Because I know damn well, you're not serious." He breathed.

Vanessa looked up at him. "I love you too, babe." She whispered, he leaned down and kissed her. She shifted, climbing onto his lap. He wrapped his arms around her. She broke the kiss. "Happy birthday." She smiled, and he sat up, holding her close.

"Thanks, babe." He smiled.