Chapter 35- Why?

Liam's POV

"Because I kissed Nathan." She finally told me.

The tears are freely rolling down her face, but I was frozen.

I didn't know what to do. After last night, after everything we talked about, and she kisses the person who has hurt her more than everyone. Physically, mentally, emotionally. Does she still love Nathan? No, I know her too well. She doesn't. She can't.

I try to think of many things to say to her, but I can't because I need to know exactly what happened. Did he threaten her? Did he hurt her? Who kissed who first?

She got up, without saying a word, opening the door and closing it behind her. I tried to run after her, my heart was screaming at me, telling me that I loved her, but I didn't move.

After a while, maybe 30 minutes, I walked out, seeing Niall and Tori on the couch beside a sleeping Hannah and Austin, wearing the same worried expressions on their faces.

"Where is she?" Tori asked, looking at me.

"What?"

"Well, she's gone. We thought you would know. She left crying." Tori said.

"Did you guys break up?" Niall added.

"Of course not. S-she...she kissed Nathan." I said.

"What? Why?"

"I have no idea. She wouldn't let me kiss her and she was being really quiet and then she said she was sorry and told me, then she walked out. I didn't know she would leave." I told them. Niall and Tori both looked confused.

"W-what if she went to him?" I added, becoming worried.

"Liam, she wouldn't do that and we all know that." Tori said.

"I'm going to find her." I said. Before they could argue, I slipped on my shoes and was out the door. I walked down the street for any sight of her, and saw none. I moved to the beach, and still had no luck.

I finally looked at the last place I hadn't looked. The pier.

I walked all the way to the edge, and saw her standing with her back towards me, talking to a scruffy old man, in tattered clothes.

"Kyler, are you sure you're okay?" The man asked, putting his hand on her shoulder.

She stayed silent, but then shook her head no.

"What happened?" He asked her.

"I'm stupid. I shouldn't have even done it." He pulled her in for a hug, and she accepted it, crying on his shoulder.

He waited for her to tell her. She finally spoke again. "You know, Nathan, the guy I told you about? My ex-boyfriend?" He slightly nodded. "Yeah. The asshole who ruined your life." The man added.

"Well, when I came back here, he hurt me and was mean to me, and called me 'his'. Then, earlier today, he was sweet and nice to me, when he found me at the pier. He then made me remember that the pier, where we were at, was exactly where we had our first kiss a few years ago. Then, Liam, my boyfriend, well I think he's my boyfriend, I don't know now. He called me because it was storming and raining and he was coming to get me, and then I told Nathan I had to go and he kissed me, I was so scared of him, I still am, so I barely responded and he wrapped my arms around his neck. I hated it, I felt nothing, but I was too in shock of his behavior to do anything. Then, Liam came and got me and I didn't talk much because I felt really guilty, and when we got back, he tried to kiss me and I wouldn't let him and he got upset, then I told Liam what I did and I apologized, but he didn't say anything. I think I lost him, Boe. I love him, and I ruined everything. After all we've been through, I go and hurt him like this. So, I left. I couldn't stand to see how he looked. He looked so disappointed, hurt." She sobbed in his shoulder, as he rubbed her back in comfort.