You're Not A Constant Star

Mickey flipped through the magazine too quickly to be actually reading it, which caught Ian's attention as he stocked fruit. Linda had left to get her kids a while ago, Kash was probably on his ass somewhere in the back leaving Ian and Mickey to run the store. So far it was going smoothly, but Ian couldn't help but want to ask so many questions though he knew Mickey would snap if he said anything.

"You reading that or just ruining it?" He decided to say with a teasing smirk as he set the empty box down, taking his spot at the cash as a customer walked in. Mickey snorted and dropped the magazine lazily back on the rack.

"Nothing but photoshop and bullshit drama anyways," Mickey replied, picking up another. Ian caught a glimpse at the cover -Gun's Galore- before Mickey began flipping quickly through that as well.

"What's up?" Ian asked quietly, causing Mickey to raise his head and an eyebrow questionably. "I mean- you alright?"

"Fucking shining, thanks," Mickey said a little too sarcastically. Ian sighed and remembered back at the sight of Mandy and Iggy Milkovich entering his house, rough housing their way to the basement as Mickey kept his cold eyes down on the ground. He heard shouts from the basement, and it wasn't long after that Mickey came upstairs looking tired and worn out as fuck before tugging on Ian's arm mumbling about money as he dragged him to Kash 'n Grab.

Mickey moved out of the way as Ian scanned the customer's items, then watched coldly as the customer left. "Where the fuck is Kash 'n Grab, huh? Why we doing all the work while his ass jerks off in the back?"

"Whatever, who gives a shit," Ian said, secretly happy Kash wasn't around so he could talk to Mickey.

"Pussy," Mickey snapped towards no one in particular. He threw the magazine back on the rack. "Fuck."

"What happened?" Ian asked, leaning over the counter slightly to look down at Mickey's hand which he was hiding. Mickey was quiet though, and it was only then that Ian realized Mickey was staring out the store window, watching his eldest brother Jamie walk to the door quickly. The door opened as Jamie walked inside, a cigarette between his lips as he scratched his small beard and stared down Mickey. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that Ian was there as he stubbed his cigarette on the counter. "Ma's been worried."

"I fucking bet she is," Mickey snorted dryly, looking away from Jamie and back at another random magazine he plucked from the rack

"I fucking bet she is," Mickey snorted dryly, looking away from Jamie and back at another random magazine he plucked from the rack. Jamie stepped closer.

"Where's Iggy? Mandy?"

"I don't know," Mickey lied smoothly.

"Fuck this Mickey, I just got out of prison. You think I ain't surprised either?" Jamie said loudly, slamming a hand down on the magazine, stopping Mickey from continuing his useless flipping. Jamie's icy blue eyes met Ian's dangerously as he growled. "Fuck off. Need some brother time."

Ian nodded quickly and hopped off his stool, wandering towards the back. Mickey cleared his throat and ripped the magazine from under his big brother's hand, setting it back where it belonged. "I know you're gonna fucking stand with her, Jamie. And I ain't gonna be there for your ass when she decided to shoot up the town. Again."