Falling For You

Ian whistled as he entered his home, hiding the bag of goods he bought Mickey behind his back. Mickey was talking about some new Van Damme movie for a while and of course, Ian went and bought it on rent for them to watch. He entered the house and glanced at Debbie laying on the couch, reading a magazine.

"Hey," Ian said, smile on his face. "Where's Mickey?"

"Don't know, never came," Debbie replied uninterestedly, humming a tone under her breath.

"Oh," Ian sighed, thinking Mickey must've dropped by the Alibi or a gun shack somewhere. Ian should've known, Mickey never really comes to the Gallagher house unless he has Ian at his side. Ian turned and left the house, heading to the Alibi.

He walked past some ambulances hovering with their sirens on blast around some alleyway but he didn't pay much attention to it, instead kept walking with a shrug.

He entered the Alibi and smiled at Kev but frowned when he saw no Mickey. "Mickey come around?" He asked just for safe measures as he stood by the door.

"Uh, nope," Kev said as he poured a drink. "Not since yesterday. Want a beer?"

"I'm good," Ian said before leaving. He couldn't help but feel anticipation rise in his throat. Mickey's been known to disappear for a few days at a time, but ever since the shit went down with Maria he's been staying around Ian. Ian quickly jogged to the dugouts, a sickening feel sinking in his stomach when Mickey wasn't anywhere around there. He walked by that alley again, this time covered with officers drinking coffee and talking. He didn't pay any mind to the blood on the floor by the officer's feet and instead rushed home.

He busted through the door quickly and went straight to the basement. He bumped into Iggy just as he took the last step.

"Eyes open, Gallagher!" Iggy said loudly through his cigarette. Ian licked his lips and bounced on one leg.

"Listen, I cant find Mickey anywhere," he said, blocking the way for Iggy to go upstairs. He had Iggy's attention though, since Iggy looked at him with wide eyes and flicked his cigarette away. "He was supposed to be coming home and I checked the Alibi and the dugouts, he isn't there. He doesn't usually walk around on his own anymore-"

"Where did you fucking see him last?" Iggy asked in a rush, taking his phone out.

"Leaving Kash 'N Grab." Ian peeked down at Iggy's phone to see Mandy's name flash across the screen. Iggy answered the call and pressed the phone against his ear, sighing loudly. He didn't speak but Ian heard Mandy's cries from the other side of the phone. Ian felt vomit rise in his throat. Mickey was in trouble. He's probably been hurt. And he cant help but feel its his fault.

-

-

Mickey's eyes blinked open.

Or at least, he tried to open them.

He felt his mouth opening and closing, but nothing came out because of how dry his throat was. He wanted to lift his arm, rub at his stinging eyes, but the moment he tried to lift it he knew it would hurt like a bitch. Instead he settled for clearing his throat and slowly, tentatively blinking his eyes open. He had to adjust to the blinding light above him, and almost choked when he saw his surroundings of a hospital room.

So he lived.

His first intention was to glance down at his stomach, see the hole the knife probably made, but instead came in contact with a crying body near him. He looked up to see Maria and he felt himself about to throw up. He turned his head and put it back down, not wanting to look at her. His hands clenched from where they couldn't move at his sides. Jesus, was he fucking paralyzed or something?