Two Feet In Front Of Me

"Thought you got caught," Colin said without even turning towards the door as he puffed on a cigarette, knowing it was Mickey who entered.

Mickey rolled his eyes and gave the dirtiest look he could manage to his eldest brother. "Fuck off, like you give a shit. Why are you even here?"

Ian silently shut the door and made to go upstairs, but Colin thought otherwise. "This your boyfriend?"

Ian reddened as Mickey's skin flushed as he stopped like a deer in the headlights. Mickey turned from where he was grabbing a beer out of the fridge and raised his eyebrows at Colin. "What the fuck?"

Colin just stared at Ian, ignoring Mickey's comment. Ian felt himself sweat under Colin's dangerously calm stare, not knowing how the fuck Colin knew about him and Mickey and how the fuck Colin felt about it. His mouth opened and closed like a fish while he looked at Mickey for support. "I-um-"

Colin picked up the bottle of vodka on the table next to him and downed more than at least three shots worth while never breaking his stare off of Ian. Mickey sighed when he realized how drunk Colin was and squeezed his eyes shut, rubbing a stressed fist over them. Colin stood up and stumbled to Ian, trapping him against the wall with one arm blocking him from going anywhere while the other held the bottle of vodka. "Mickey's your bitch, huh?"

Mickey stepped forward, not liking the growl in his elder brother's voice. "Fuck's up with you?"

"Fucking retard," Colin spat at Ian, a lazy hand pressing against Ian's cheek and pushing it, kind of like a tired slap. It didn't hurt, just made Ian stumble to the side with the force. "He was supposed to be dead, but your fire hydrant ass came to save the day."

"What the fuck, man?" Mickey almost yelled, shielding Ian as he stood between the two. Ian was pressed against the fridge now, moving away from Colin.

"You," Colin hissed, slamming the vodka bottle on the counter and bunching Mickey's shirt in his fist as he forcefully shoved him against the wall, making Mickey groan when his head hit the drywall harshly. "You dumb fucking idiot. You useless, stupid, fucking-"

Mickey curled a hand around Colin's hand fisting his shirt and tugged. "What's your problem?"

"We were supposed to kill him!" Colin yelled at the top of his voice, startling everyone in the kitchen. "The entire goddamn plan was to get rid of Terry but you, fucking you of all people stopped me! What the fuck, Mickey?!"

"You would've gone to jail," Mickey replied almost desperately as Colin's strong hand moved to Mickey's throat and tightened.

"I would gladly," Colin said slowly, starting into his youngest brother's eyes. "I would fucking happily rot in jail then rot again in hell, just as long as I knew that prick was dead."

Mickey pushed Colin's large, built body away with all his strength and glanced at Ian who was watching interestedly from his spot at the fridge. Colin stumbled towards him and looped an arm around his shoulders leaning his weight on the boy. "And you, Mr. Hero Gallagher, just came by and stopped Mickey. Which, by the way, you didn't have to. Because the last thing Mickey would have is the balls to kill someone who deserves to be more than just dead."

"Fuck. You," Mickey growled, venom laced through his words as he clenched his fists.

"Why didn't you just kill him, Mickey?" Colin asked, sloppily as he went face to face with his brother. Mickey scrunched his nose at the vile smell of Colin's breath. "Why?"

"I-" Mickey stuttered, Colin's stare making him feel small.

"You didn't want to go to jail?" Colin suggested, raising his eyebrows. His hands quickly came up and gripped Mickey's jaw tightly, bruising into his skin as Mickey yelled in pain. "Why didn't you fucking kill him?!"