War

Mickey slowly raised his arms in surrender, dropping his gun to the floor. "Let's not get carried away here."

"Shut up," the man spat angrily. He grabbed Mickey from the back of his shirt and pulled him away from the trapdoor, throwing him to the floor. Dust spread in the air from under Mickey when he hit the ground, scratching up his hands. But he paid no attention to that, he only watched as the man reached into the trapdoor and pulled Ian out and onto the floor. He freed Ian's mouth from the bandana and aimed the gun to the back of his head while forcing the redhead down on his knees ahead of Mickey. "Last words, Red?"

Ian stared straight at Mickey with teary eyes and his eyebrows creased painfully. He turned his head to the darkening sky and sighed, shuddering as he sniffled. Mickey made to reach forward, tell him it's all going to be okay, but the man cocked his gun towards Mickey with a scowl. "Back up or I blow your brains out."

"Okay, okay," Mickey's words were jumbled as he held his arms up again, showing his surrender. He thought of a way out, looking around and wondering where the fuck the cops were. "Just- just calm down, alright? Fuck..."

The man had Ian by the back of his collar while the gun switched between the two of them. He cocked his head towards the house. "Whose in there?"

"My brother and sisters," Mickey replied quickly, not wanting to mention the cops. He swallowed, not knowing if he should or not because if the guy finds out he's lying he'll probably kill them both, but if he tells him the truth right now he'll still probably kill them both. "Where's Terry?"

"I ask the questions," the man growled. He shifted his eyes to the house and bit his lip, he was nervous. Mickey clenched his hands into fists. "Get up."

Mickey didn't move. The man pressed the gun harder into the back of Ian's head, probably bruising the area. Ian's cry emphasized that point. Mickey scrambled up at that, wanting nothing more than to take the gun and shoot the guy until there was nothing left of him. The man yanked Ian onto his feet, which didn't last since the bullet wound from before in Ian's leg must've gotten fucked up from all the pulling and pushing, and Ian fell back to the floor like a rag doll and cried exhaustedly. Mickey heart clenched as he gave pleading eyes to the man who was too busy staring at the blood starting to leak from Ian's wound. He looked up at Mickey. "Pick him up."

Mickey lunged forward and helped Ian to his feet, letting him lean his whole weight on Mickey. "Hey, hey. It's okay, Ian," he whispered in Ian's ear secretly, not letting the man see. "I'm here. I'm gonna get us out of this, okay?"

Ian nodded wryly, his arm curling around Mickey's waist. The man pressed the gun to Mickey's lower back. "Walk."

Mickey moved forward at a slow pace,  Ian limping and whimpering next to him. He glanced at the house, swearing inwardly at his luck. How are none of them fucking looking for him? They can't all be caught. At least someone should be OK.

"Go down to the lake," the man instructed, nudging the gun towards where there was a dip in the hill leading down to the water. Mickey began walking towards the stream of water, shoulders tensing when the man stayed behind. If he goes around and sees the cop cars, Mickey will be done. Over. Dead.

There was a dock at the lake which Mickey assumed the guy wanted him to go on. But his mind was so shook that he couldn't help turning his head to see what the man was doing. Before he could even turn his head he felt something nudge into his hip, moving his attention down between him and Ian. He looked down to see Ian holding the gun Mickey had before. Mickey's breath caught in his throat as he met Ian's eyes. "You tryna get us fucking killed, Ian?"

Ian grunted and rolled his eyes. "Either way someone probably fucking dies, Mickey. I'd be happy to kill that son a bitch if you don't."

"Why the fuck did you stop?!" The man yelled, startling the two. Mickey whipped his head around, eyes wide as he mustered through words. The man was hurrying towards them with a deadly scowl on his face. Mickey's hand was pushing at Ian's, trying to get him to hide the gun back in his pants. "What the fuck is going on, huh?"