New Addition to the Family

Mickey's eyes opened exhaustedly as he sighed, wiping at the drool slipping from his chin as he glared at his ringing phone. He looked down at where Ian's arm was sprawled across his waist and he slowly reached over and picked his phone up, squinting at the unknown number and groaning.

"If you pick that up, I'll kill you," Ian slurred tiredly as he shoved his face into the back of Mickey's neck. Mickey rubbed a balled up fist in his eye as he yawned, answering the call. It was merely three in the morning, and if this call is a scam he will kill a mother fucker.

"Hm?" He moaned tiredly into the phone as he sat up. Ian grumbled disapprovingly and smacked Mickey's shoulder before turning so his back was to Mickey. Mickey paid no attention to it.

"Mickey?"

Mickey jumped at the sound of Jamie's voice and hissed when his toe hit the corner of the bed. He bit his lip and sucked in a breath of pain, trying to not catch Ian's attention as he tiptoed off the bed and limped out into the hall. After shutting the door quietly behind himself, he breathed into the phone. "J-James?"

"Fuck- finally, I've been trying to get ahold of you for ages, man."

"Where in the fuck are you? Do you know about all the shit that's gone down?"

Jamie let out a breathless chuckle. "You have no idea. I- uh, its been a ride, man."

"You wanna explain?"  Mickey whispered. He reopened the door to pick up a random shirt off the ground while holding the phone between his shoulder and cheek. He slipped in on in the dark, trying not to make any sound to wake Ian. "Let's meet up."

"I- I," Jamie paused hesitantly. "Where?"

"I know a safe place," Mickey mumbled while tying his shoelaces. "Can I text the address?"

"I'm at a fucking phone booth in the middle- no, just tell me the address and I'll catch a cab."

-

-

-

-

-

Mickey walked inside the diner, taking a seat at the second booth, just like planned. It was four in the morning, so naturally there was literally nobody but an old man and one waitress at the counter. The waitress tiredly walked up to Mickey with a smile. "Hey luv, can I get ya anything?"

"Coffee, thanks," Mickey grumbled as he slid further into the booth. A few minutes later he heard the doors jingle, and he didn't even have to turn around to know it was Jamie. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky breath, re-opening them when he felt a presence beside him. He stared straight ahead while Jamie stood next to him, fists clenching and un-clenching. He motioned to the spot ahead of him.

Mickey raised his eyebrows at the sunglasses Jamie was wearing and waved his hand toward the dark night outside. "You gonna take those off or look like a dumb-ass a while longer?"

Jamie ignored him and crossed his arms. Mickey sighed. "Jamie where the fuck have you been?"

"Terry," Jamie started. "Is a crazy mother-fucker, alright? He fucking, fucking kidnapped me! Who the hell does that do their own kid? The shit he pulled-"

"Jamie, James," Mickey interrupted softly when Jamie started losing his breath. Mickey lightly rested his hand on his brother's arm. "Hey, take a deep breath okay? It's alright. Everything's okay now."