KASH

"You know," Mickey cleared his throat, washing away the dryness of his throat with cola. "You can talk to me about like, your feelings."

The two boys stood at the side of an empty road, basking in the warm glow of the sunset over the fields next to them. Neither boy knew how they ended up here, in the middle of nowhere with Iggy's car, but they were equally glad to be together.

Ian looked up at Mickey questionably, leaning back against the side of the car door.

Mickey caught the red head's look and uncomfortably shifted from his spot on the trunk of the car. "You don't gotta run to any sex addict therapy club. You got me."

Ian gave Mickey a sideways smile, looking down at his beer. After taking a swig, he glanced at the cans of coke next to Mickey. "You know, I'm pretty sure soft drinks are just as bad as alcohol."

Mickey snorted. "You're a fuckin' dick."

"I'm serious," Ian held in a laugh. He faced Mickey and leant forward, peering inside Mickey's cup. "They can both kill you."

"You don't get stupid drunk off of coke."

"If you drink beer responsibly, you won't get drunk."

Mickey eyed the scattered beer bottles by Ian's feet. "You been drinking responsibly?"

Ian laughed, turning to face the sunset. He leaned his head back, closing his eyes. Both boys enjoyed the quiet hum of nothingness in their ears, something both of them rarely got. "This is good."

Mickey swallowed and spoke softly. He couldn't tear his eyes away from Ian. "What is?"

Ian rolled his neck. "This is. Us. Right now. Relaxed."

"Ian, I-" Mickey ducked his head down. His eyes twitched shut, and an itchy feeling crawled up his throat. He sighed.

Ian was understanding. He didn't ask Mickey what, he didn't want to ruin the comfortable feeling they had in this very moment. He peeked one eye open to glance at Mickey before closing his eyes again. "I missed you. And your dark hair."

Mickey bent his knee, smiling down at Ian. Tentatively, his shaky fingers ran through Ian's fiery hair, not being able to resist it. Ian's reaction was a content smile, his head moving into Mickey's touch. "I missed you too, Ian."

--

-
-

-

Ian was smiling as he entered the Gallagher home after Mickey had dropped him off. They had a silent but comfortable ride back, no words or touches exchanged. When Mickey dropped Ian off, Ian saw the look in the black haired boy's eyes. The look that was there before, the one that said I need you. Please need me back.

Ian's smile faded when he noticed Mandy throwing her sweater on and grabbing her stuff. "Leaving?"

Mandy glanced up at Ian with an uninterested look, anger seeping through. Her movements were forced, pissed off and overall dangerous. Ian slowly moved towards her. "Mands... what's wrong?"

"Nothing," she replied just under a whisper, voice hoarse. She moved to leave but Ian blocked the way.

"Mandy," Ian kept a soothing voice, putting his hands on the girl's shoulders. "It's me. You can talk to me."

Mandy's bottom lip trembled, before she completely fell into Ian's arms and broke down in tears. Ian's own heart broke as she gripped his shirt, letting all her pent up anger from the last few days out.

"He's fucked, Ian!" Mandy cried, voice muffled in Ian's shoulder. "I've tried to help him, b-but I can't anymore!"

Ian ran a hand down Mandy's back. "Who?"

"Lip," she whispered. With red eyes she looked at Ian after pulling away. "He's just, I don't understand what's wrong with him."

Ian led the two of them to the couch, sitting Mandy down. "What did he do?"

"Cheated," Mandy wiped her tears. "He's been cheating, for a few weeks now. He confessed a few days ago. I think he might be... addicted. All I know is that he's fucked up."

"Yeah well, who isn't around here?" Ian scoffed. He gave Mandy an apologetic look. "Mands, you gotta understand that Lip has a heart of gold. He isn't- that's not who he is. He would never, ever want to hurt you in any way."

Mandy wiped her eyes and gave Ian a sideways smile. "But he did."

Ian's mouth ran dry as Mandy stood up, grabbed her bag and left, slowly this time. She shut the door softly behind her. Ian sighed and dropped his head into his hands.

Suddenly, his phone went off and he looked down to see James's name flash across the screen. He chewed his lip before answering it.

-

-
-

"Mickey!"

Mickey turned around, his hand still on the doorknob of his front door. He narrowed his eyes at Officer Larkin, whom he hadn't seen in a while. "Hey, Lark."

Larkin smiled as Mickey walked back down his porch steps towards the officer. "How ya holding up, kid?"

Mickey shrugged. "Can't complain. You?"

"I'm good, good. You still sober?"

"For as long as I can remember."

Larkin smiled proudly. "I'm happy for ya kid. Everything good with Ian?"

Mickey sensed hesitation in Larkin's voice. Going by his instinct, he faked a confused look. "Haven't seen him in a while. Why?"

Larkin inhaled a deep breath and looked around. "I'm only telling you this 'cuz something tells me it's gonna help you in the long run."

Mickey nodded. Larkin continued.

"A crime scene in Missouri just contacted our department for traces of Kash Karib, because his wife reported him missing."

Mickey was going to be fucking sick. He crossed his arms, trying not to show his worry. "Missouri? What the fuck?"

"Linda had just recently moved there with her husband and children. A few weeks later, he goes missing. Today, in Missouri, in some random fucking field they dug up his dead body."

Mickey's eyes struggled to not look away from Larkin. Mickey feigned innocence. He felt like he was going to pass out with anxiety.

Larkin kept talking, but slower this time. "I'm connecting dots right now, Mickey. Kash? The only person he had problems with was you. And I know, for a fact, that Ian was missing recently. Can you tell me where he was, and judt spare me a visit to Ian's house?"

"He was at a military camp."

Larkin laughed bitterly and shook his head. He came off as annoyed, which didn't surprise Mickey. "Wrong answer, Mickey. I contacted his lieutenant, who told me that Ian had left the army base weeks before Kash was found murdered."

"Look," Mickey closed his eyes, struggling to keep calm. His hands itched for a cigarette. "I ain't saying shit because I don't know shit. Ian ain't a murderer. And Kash? Not tryna start shit, but the way I see it, the asshole got what he fucking deserved. Write him down as a fucking murderer too since my ass was on lifeline because of him."

Larkin stared at Mickey for a minute. "Okay, Mickey. Okay."

Mickey gave Larkin a hard look and walked back up the porch steps to his door. 

"For what it's worth," Larkin called out before Mickey could enter his house. Mickey turned to look at the cop. "I hope you're right. I really do, Mick."

Mickey watched wearily as Larkin walked away. When the cop was out of sight, Mickey turned and vomited all over the side of his house.

170 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER ❤