Ever Heard Of Moving On?

"The fuck did you do to your hair?"

Mickey rolled his eyes and sent a dirty look to Dean. He self-conciously ran a hand through the blonde mess. "I changed it up, that alright with you?"

"Hey, don't like at me sideways. I'm just a curious guy."

Mickey just ignored his boss and got to work on the car that was brought in yesterday, before his and Ian's fight. His stomach dropped everytime he thought about it. Mickey couldn't believe he had basically broken up with the kid. Because I don't love you...
Mickey shook his head, not wanting to think of that right now. He took his mind off by concentrating on fixing the car and by listening to the music from the radio behind him.

"Heyo!" Dean called from his office. Mickey looked up and squinted at him in the sun. "I got three job interviews today. Any of them come in send them straight to my office."

"You got it," Mickey replied. Almost as soon as he turned around, he noticed a man walking towards the garage. He wiped his hands with a rag and squinted through the sunlight. The man came finally into view.

He had brown hair, was taller than Mickey and had pouty lips. Tattoos littered his bare arms and he held a bag in his left arm. Mickey spoke as the man approached him, "You here for an interview?"

"I'm James," the man replied, reaching his hand out to shake Mickey's. His voice was surprisingly deep and he had a thick Brooklyn accent. "I was on leave."

"Oh shit, I'm Mickey," Mickey shook his hand. "Uh, sorry about your loss."

James shook his head. "It's all good. I'm gonna head to the back and change and talk to Dean a little bit. I'll be out to take some of the work off your shoulders."

James pat Mickey's shoulder and walked to the back.

---

Mickey was taking to the drag racer lady when James returned, full in uniform.

"...just don't drag race again," Mickey was saying as James approached him. "It's bad for you and your car."

James put a hand on the car. "Sorry to interrupt, I'll be on that car in the back. Holler if you need me."

Mickey nodded. He sent the lady off with the car, counting the cash she gave. He looked back at the rows of cars filling the garage and sighed. Dean's Garage was far more popular than Mickey had thought.

"Mickey!"

Mickey sucked in a deep breath at the sound of Fiona's voice. He didn't acknowledge her, knowing why she must be coming. Instead he popped the hood of another car and went to work on it, inspecting the engine.

Fiona jogged towards him and stood next to the car. Mickey glanced at her from the corner of his eye but said nothing. She looked confused, eying his bleached hair. "Mickey. Have you seen Ian?"

"Nah," Mickey lied smoothly, standing up straight. He wiped his hands with a rag while looking Fiona in the eye. "Hasn't come around. He back?"

"Don't bullshit me," Fiona replied, following him as he went to get a new set of tires. "Kid's a mess. What did you do to him?"

"Why is everything always my fault?" Mickey spat out, returning to the car, Fiona on his tail. "I ain't his fucking keeper."

"Didn't say you where, but for some reason everytime Ian's in shit it involves you."

"Yeah, well don't worry about me anymore. I'll be out of all your lives."

Fiona froze. "Mick, that's not what I meant."