I Know In My Heart

The last thing Mickey was doing was listening to whatever bullshit was coming out of Maria's mouth as she made shitty breakfast.

Mickey stared at the wall, the sounds of shouts and Terry's voice from the night before in his ears. All Mickey could do right now was hope that Terry hadn't gotten away from the cops, hoping that a witness at the bar said something about Terry hitting Ian first. Mickey's leg shook nervously. Worst case scenario is Terry's looking for Mickey, having escaped the cops, with a fucking rifle in his hands. Mickey let out a shaky breath. Right now, he has nobody. Colin was a drunk mess last night, which scared the fuck out of Mickey because he's never seen his brother like that before, then Mickey's bitchy attitude told Ian off and obviously the red head hates him now, Iggy- Jesus, is he even alive?

A plate was dropped down in front of Mickey who jumped at the sound of glass hitting the tabletop. Mickey glanced down at the half burnt eggs and whatever the fuck that brown shit beside it was and felt vomit rise in his stomach. Maria used to be a fantastic cooker, she made the best tacos and Mexican shit like that Mickey had ever tasted and of course she lost that talent. Mickey's eyes followed Maria's arms which were covered in needle marks and a tight feeling grasped his chest. He shook his head, mumbling about how he wasn't hungry and bolted out the door, grabbing his jacket with him.

"Mikael!" He heard Maria call but he didn't listen, just ran and ran and ran until he was fucking far away from her. He stopped by a tree and leant against it, breathing harshly through this nose, struggling to catch his breath. Mickey looked around as he gasped, chest tightening. He had nowhere to go. He's officially alone. There's no fucking where for Mickey to stay which means he's now outside and alone open to Terry to beat the fuck out of him. He weirdly almost hoped Terry appeared out of nowhere, and put him out of his misery.

He's more afraid of not being with Ian than he is of Terry.

Mickey shook his head, running a tight hand through his hair as his chest burned in the thought that just flashed through his mind. No, fucking no. His whole life isn't going to get fucked up over whatever the fuck he felt for Ian. Mickey unabashedly threw a kick at the tree he leant on. Now what, he asked himself, now what?

"Mickey fucking Milkovich."

Mickey looked up at the unrecognized voice and squinted in the sunlight as a cop approached him with a toothy grin. The cop had a buzz-cut head and a stubble, with green eyes and clearly was one of those rare lightskins. Mickey stood up straight, ignoring every inch of pain all over his fucking body- physically and mentally- and tilted his chin up in a pathetic attempt to look fierce. The cop didn't fall for it; clearly catching bluff on Mickey's expression.

"You look like you're shitting yourself," the cop laughed, one hand fixing his hat while the other rested on his gun. "Wipe that fucking look off your face before I make you, Milkovich."

Mickey's face dropped, not sure of the expression he was making but he attempted to change it quickly. The cop seemed satisfied as he chewed on his gum with a smirk and nodded curtly. "That's more like it. You're loosing your rep around here, aren't ya?"

Mickey didn't have time for this shit. He rolled his eyes, suddenly wondering why the fuck he was even listening to this random cop. "What the fuck do you want, man?"

"Follow me, Mickey," the cop smirked. "Before things get worse."

Mickey's first reaction was to bolt, since nothing good ever comes out of a dirty cop, which is what this cop obviously was. But the cop, Officer Larkin, had his gun almost pulled out of the waist trap before Mickey could even move. Larkin spat his gum out of his mouth and raised his eyebrows daringly. Mickey slumped his shoulders, walking towards where Larkin guided him to. They ended up walking to the exact same alley Mickey was stabbed in, making Mickey's shoulders tense as he puffed his chest out, absentmindedly covering his abdomen when he noticed the stain of his blood on the floor.