Let You Use Me

"You knew about this shit?" Mickey asked into the phone loudly, holding it closer to his mouth. "You fucking knew she was alive?"

"Calm down, wasn't like I could tell you anyway."

Mickey raised his eyebrows and scoffed. "Yes, you fucking could! You ain't been gone forever, asshole!"

"Watch your fucking tone," Colin said calmly, only lowering his voice enough to send chills down Mickey's back. The reason people in the southside feared Colin wasn't because of his last name or his father's reputation, but because of the self control he has over himself. It scares everybody, even Terry, how self controlled and calm this kid was about everything. Colin didn't shout. He didn't need to. He hits, that's what he does. He never makes other people do his responsibilities. Its why he grew up with only two friends; Jamie and occasionally Terry. Colin's killed three guys at once, fucking right in front of sixteen year old Jamie and never got caught for it. He wants the best for the people he loves, for his siblings. Jamie was never supposed to see him shoot down three guys, but it just happened. He was there. And when Colin turned around and saw his teenage brother, he calmly told him to leave and pretend he saw nothing. And that's what Jamie did, because Colin is always right.

That's why Mickey came to him. There's never been a time where Colin was wrong. Everything he says makes sense. He told Mickey the cops were coming to get him before they arrived, because he knew he fucked up. Colin isn't afraid to admit it when he fucks something up. Mickey's never looked up to someone so much before. Even at that young age Mickey remembers how valuable everything Colin said was.

"Well?" Mickey asked, fidgeting in his seat after the small discipline from his brother.

Colin leaned back in his seat as much as he could with the cord of the phone. "Ma got busted for murdering some chick in the Alibi a few years before she "died". She wasn't about to get locked up for the rest of her life so Terry and I made a whole fake death story shit and told her to fuck off, and go to Canada or some shit. She promised she wouldn't come back, but clearly she did. She cant stay away from you guys. She came back a week before I got busted. I called her out, gave her an earful and told her to leave before I called the cops. She caught feels and left. She called the cops and told them anonymously about my drug run."

"Wait, so it's her fault you're in here?" Mickey asked. Colin shrugged and nodded. "Fuck, I'm gonna fucking kill her."

"No, you won't," Colin said. Mickey snorted and rolled his eyes which made Colin lean forward with that serious face he always kept and stare into Mickey's eyes. "If I wanted her dead, that would've been done by now."

"You know what you can do?" Mickey asked in a low voice. "Snitch her out for killing the lady. That'll get you out early and her ass in here for the rest of her life."

"Then she'll snitch on me for killing three guys," Colin replied simply, as if he'd already thought that threw a million times. He caught Mickey's look of confusion and shrugged. "Jamie told her."

"Wha- you serious? Didn't I tell you he's up Ma's ass?"

"He used to tell her everything, he trusted her," Colin said, tapping his fingers against the bottom off the glass separating him and his brother. "She wasn't that bad."

"Fuck her. Tell me, what should I do?"

"Lay low," Colin meant Mickey's eyes seriously. "For a while. A couple weeks. Don't let her find out where you and the others are staying. If Jamie's up her ass so be it, you don't help him. Terry's getting out next week, he'll keep Ma busy."

"How the fuck is any of that gonna help?"

"Because I said it will." As if on cue, the buzzer rang as Mickey's stomach dropped. Colin sighed and gave his brother a weak smile. "I'll be alright. See you later, Mick."