Chapter 7: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

"Huh?"

Silence. I looked from my grandma to Thomas, trying to figure out whether or not what just happened actually happened or if I was imagining things.

"She wants to know if we're together." Thomas casually rephrased it.

"NO!" I exclaimed, wondering why on earth my grandma would even think that way.

She placed the tray of teacups and muffins we never asked for onto the table between Thomas and I. "Is there not even the slightest chance that.."

"NO WAY!"

"Well then." She said as she picked up a saucer and teaspoon. "Thomas darling, how many sugars would you like?"

"Oh, three please."

If I slowly get up and walk backwards until I leave the room, would they notice that I'm gone? No, I can't run away. I need to face them. Yeah, defend myself. There is no way in hell that I would ever go out with a guy like him.

"Dyl says hi." I recalled, bringing a teacup to my lips.

"Aww that young man. Absolutely adorable. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he had a thing for you."

I looked up from the cup in my hands to my grandma. Her lips were pulled into a tight grin with one of her eyebrows jolting upwards.

What is up with her hormone level tonight?

"Who's Dyl?"

I almost forgot that we had a 'guest'.

"He works with Mars at that café. Lovely boy. Always packing up the extra chocolaty ones for me." She said, holding up a muffin.

"That's enough for tonight." I said, getting up and taking the plate of muffins back to the kitchen. "The doctor told you to watch your blood glucose, didn't he?"

"Glucose Shmuclose, he has no right."

I walked back into the living room and grabbed my bag and then walked up to my grandma, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Good night Grams, I'll see you soon."

"Good night my little Mars Bar. And Thomas," she extended an arm out for him to hold and he did, "thank you for coming. Not many people other than family ever come to see me."

"My pleasure." He said before getting up. With one last hug from my grandma, we left the apartment building.

***

"You can catch a cab from the end of this road." I pointed out. "My house is down there." I said, pointing into the opposite direction.

He just stood there like a deer caught in headlights. In an attempt to avoid yet another awkward silence, I gave him a wave and turned on my heels.

"I'll walk you."

"I can manage." I replied, not stopping and definitely not looking back.

"It's late and you're a girl, walking home, alone. That equation doesn't really have the safest of results. What kind of guy would I be if I let you do that? And what if something bad were to happen to you? I don't think I'd ever be able to live with myself and for that, I'm walking you home whether you want me to or not."

I sighed. "Talk about persistent. Fine."

After approximately twenty minutes we reached my house. "Thanks but I don't know how you're going to get a cab from here."

"Don't worry about me." He laughed, taking out his phone and dialing a number. "My driver will be here soon."

"My driver." I mimicked in that arrogant tone of his. "Okay then, I guess I'll just have to wait with you right here until he does." I threw my bag onto the side of the pavement and sat on top of it.

"That won't be necessary. He'll be here faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious."

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." I repeated, looking up and down the empty street before looking back up at him. "You might want to start thinking of getting a new driver."

He laughed as he sat beside me. "Nah. Ronaldo and I go way back, I could never."

We sat in silence on the pavement, not an awkward silence but an okay silence, if that makes any sense. It felt, normal. I couldn't sense any of the arrogant vibes he usually radiated. He seemed like an okay, normal guy, for once.

"What's your favourite colour?" I asked.

"Orange." He responded.

I laughed until tears began to drop from my eyes. "Are you freaking kidding me?"

He eyed me as I gasped for air between laughs. "I kid you not. What's so funny?"

"I've never met anyone who's favourite colour's orange before. It's so weird."

"I'm flattered." He said, nudging me. "Can I ask you something?" I turned to him, gesturing for him to go on. "Back at your grandma's. She asked if we were together and I couldn't help but notice that you seemed very upset about that, almost offended. Do you really hate me THAT much?"

Right then, a black car pulled up in front of us, his ride I assumed. Saved by the car, huh? We both stood up and moved away from the road. He rubbed a hand on the back of his neck. "Thanks for tonight. I actually had fun, your grandma's adorable."

"She is." I replied, trying to forget the conversation he started only seconds ago. "But erm, didn't you have somewhere to be? I mean, no one dresses up in a tuxedo just to visit some waitress' grandma."

He chuckled and looked down at his polished shoes. "I did have plans but I decided hanging out with you would be much more fun. I was right." He looked back up and his eyes met mine. Suddenly I got a fuzzy, warm feeling and my insides felt like they were boiling. He wasn't smirking per usual, he was smiling. He was genuinely smiling.

"Well I'm erm, sorry for messing up your plans for the night." I apologised because frankly, I didn't know what else to say. "I'm glad you came with me."

His smile grew larger as he turned to open the car door. "You can go inside your house now, you know."

"You don't even know which house is mine and I'm planning on keeping it that way." I didn't fully trust the guy yet, so the safest thing to do would be to wait until his car drove off before heading inside.

He shook his head. "You're so weird. Good night."

"Good night."

----------

A/N:

Awww bless, Marianne is so freaking clueless sometimes I swear she just makes me want to smack some sense into her lol

100 READS!!!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to read this story. It means so much

Dedicated to TrashyEspinosaaa

Feel free to comment, vote, follow, whatever :')

----------