Chapter 41: Ask Him About His Mother.

Alexander, Elliott, Isabella and I all stared at Thomas, waiting for an answer.

"Right!" He exclaimed, shoving a hand into one of his pockets and stirring it around in search of something. It didn't take him long to reel out a packet of brightly coloured gummy bears. "I left her with Marcus because I had to fetch her these real quick."

"Awwww." Isabella and I cooed simultaneously.

Before I could ask more about her, Alexander's arm flew in front of my face and I was staring at the blurry watch wrapped around his wrist.

You know when your vision just seems to go all blurry and out of focus and you have the ability to refocus it but don't, because you just simply can't be bothered to, so you just sit there and stare at the blurry world around you? Because same.

The blurry object began to shake and brought me out of my reverie. I refocused my vision on the watch and noticed that the five minutes we were given were up and we had to head back to our seats. Luckily for me, I didn't have to say a word, which probably saved me from an awkward situation because let's face it, I AM A WALKING AWKWARD SITUATION. For out came the assistant with Rapunzel-like hair, calling out for the models of the second group.

"We'll catch up later? " Thomas asked rather than said, placing a hand on my shoulder for a few seconds before jogging off towards the photography area.

Heading back to the table, I couldn't help but smile to myself for no reason.

***

"I think we've made our decision." Mr Harrings said, looking at us as if he were asking for our approval.

You're the boss man.

The models and their siblings were all lined up in front of us, awaiting to hear the announcement of the winning pair. I even got to see Thomas' gorgeous little sister for the first time. She looked no older than ten and had long, straight blonde hair, tucked behind one ear.

"And the winners of today's photoshoot competition are.."

I can see the suspense on their faces hahahaha, sucks to be you lot, huh?

"DH's Elliott Cane and Isabella Cane!" Mr Harrings announced, resulting in the breakout of a round of applause. We watched as the pair hugged it out and were congratulated by the other participants.

"Runner ups were Elaine's Angela and Lucy Han and DH's Tom Peterson and Monica Elms."

Alexander and I got up to go and congratulate Elliott and his sister on their win. To say that Elliott was surprised would definitely be an understatement. "I obviously had a chance, but look at.. That." He said, pointing at Isabella's face.

"You better put that finger away if you're planning on keeping it attached to your body." She deadpanned, not looking amused.

"What are you going to do, melt it with your ugliness?" He retorted, hiding behind Alexander just as Isabella's eyes narrowed at him. Soon enough, she was chasing after him, running in between the models and siblings close by.

"Ria, I'd like you to meet someone." Thomas' voice called, causing me to turn to them.

I crouched down 'til I was about the same height as the little girl hiding behind him and extended my arm out for a handshake. "Hiya, I'm Marianne."