Chapter 26: You Look Like You're Having A Seizure.

I stared at the little white case I held in my hand and gulped. By the beads of sweat beginning to form on my forehead, you'd think I was told to try drugs for the very first time in my life or something. Not that I have. I mean, I'd never. But assuming that I had been offered some, I'd probably have the same look I had on my face right now.

"I've.." I gulped once more, in an attempt to moisten my nervously dry throat. "I've never done this before."

Now you definitely sound like you're talking about drugs Marianne.

"First times are always nerve wracking, you just need to suck it up and get used to it." The man doing my makeup told me with a wink.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that the words he just said must have some sort of underlying meaning to it. Ya nasties. But no. I can't blame you for thinking so but I'm telling you, you were never more wrong. If you could see him, maybe you'd understand why.

The man who was now applying a thick coating of dark lipstick to my lips was wearing the tightest and when I say tightest, I mean skintight neon green leggings. Not to mention heels that looked like they could snap with any amount of pressure applied on them. He definitely didn't seem worried about them as he pranced back and forth in them professionally. With that said, I think it's safe to say that he wasn't hitting on me.

"Honey, I'd love for you to stare at my goodies all day but I need to get you out of here in two minutes." He chirped, making me blush at the thought of him catching me staring at his legs. JUST HIS LEGS, I SWEAR. "I have your eye makeup left, come on now. Pop those babies on."

I let out a sigh of defeat and opened it slowly, my eyes immediately landing on the two, green objects encased in it. I quickly closed it shut and shoved the thing in his hands, shaking my head. "I can't."

By now, Mr Neon Pants was beyond frustrated. His perfectly shaped eyebrows (that were WAY more symmetrical than my own by the way) were furrowed and he wiped a hand over his face. "Look here doll, I'm not the one who makes the rules here. I just tell you to do what I've been told to tell you."

Once he noticed that his little explanation wasn't getting him anywhere, he let out a bunch of random noises, clearly out of aggravation. "Fine, I'll put them on for you."

"Do you think that'll somehow make me feel better?" I asked in unbelief. "I don't want to put them on, period." I crossed my arms and turned my head away from him. By now, I bet he thinks I'm one of those snobby models that think highly of themselves and don't take orders.

He mumbled things under his breath and right then, I saw Iyanu's reflection walking up to us though the mirror. I turned in relief and raised my hands in the air. "You've come to save me!"

"No." She deadpanned, looking more serious than ever. "I'm here to tell you to put those on because we need to go." She tore her eyes off of me for a moment to whisper something into the makeup artist's ear. When she moved away from him, he gave her an understanding nod and left. Not before tutting at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Our feelings were mutual.

"Remember when I told you that you had a choice in things? That you could say 'no' whenever you felt like it?" Iyanu asked, referring to the conversation we had earlier that day. I nodded. She poked me continuously in the shoulder. "Well by that, I meant when you're asked to pose nude or something you moron, not when you're told to put on a pair of contacts."

"I've never worn contact lenses before, okay?" I fessed up. "I don't even know how to put them on."

Iyanu chuckled and I felt more out of place than I already did. I guess I should just keep that a secret from the rest of the fashion industry from now on.