Chapter 44: MAYBE YELLING CAN BE OUR ALWAYS!!

The afternoon went by quicker than I had imagined and before I knew it, it was time for us to leave.

I had so much fun creating messes Julie described as 'masterpieces' and letting my inner child finally be released. It was like a breath of fresh air; much needed change. I hugged Julie goodbye, promising to visit her again soon and left DIMU with Thomas.

If red and yellow make orange and red and blue make purple, why don't nails grow faster?

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the day?" Thomas asked as we took a turn onto the highway.

"Not really." I replied, rattling my brain to think if I was forgetting anything.

"No family dinner this time?" He teased, facing me for a second. "Are you one hundred percent sure?"

"No family dinner." I assured, rolling my eyes. "Why?"

"Just thought we could hang out for a bit." He shrugged, clutching onto the steering wheel tightly.

"Okay? But take it easy on the car." I said, just as his knuckles began to turn white. "What has this beauty ever done to you? Poor baby." I pouted and leaned forward to rub the dashboard.

He looked over at me and scoffed. "Why do I have the feeling that you like my car more than you like me?"

"Because it's a fact." I replied, sitting back and practically melting in the cozy, leather passenger's seat.

Thomas began to sniffle and wave both hands at his face as he broke into fake sobs. "It's just, I can't even. Like, o-m-g. Like, I don't know why you hate me. Like, all I ever wanted was for you to like me. Like, why is this so hard?"

"Oh my God, will you put your hands back on the wheel? Are you trying to kill us?" I yelled.

"At least then, we'd die together."

Na ah.

***

The next half hour of our journey was mostly taken up by the very heated debate caused by Thomas' not so genius plan for us to 'die together'.

"Are we still talking about this?" He asked, handing me my strawberry milkshake after getting back into the car. "Can I just say that I was wrong and you were right and you can let go of it?"

"No. You need to understand why you were wrong. If we got into an accident, the chances of both of us dying aren't any higher than the chances of one of us making it out alive." I began, very confident in my theory. I went on and on about how some people have higher tolerance to things like pain and shit but at the same time, how everything that happens in life is fate and luck. Thomas didn't say a word the entire time until I completely finished what I had to say.

"Deep." He said, making my verbal essay seem like it had been falling onto deaf ears the entire time. "We made it, thank goodness."

I looked out of the window and chuckled once I recognised the familiar, dirt road. "Weird, misplaced boulder, here we come!" I yelled as we got out of the car.

"Believe it or not, it was a proper cliff once upon a time but they just demolished it for no fucking reason." He explained, his face not hiding how much it must've been a big deal for him. "That so called 'weird, misplaced boulder' is all that's left of it."

Once we had reached it, we climbed up it and sat. It was still pretty early and the sun wasn't going to set for another couple of hours, which made me wonder why he had brought me back here. Luckily for me, I didn't have to ask because he got straight to explaining.