Chapter 46: I Just Want To Be Called That Again.

( A/N: Please don't hate me. )

"Are you okay?" I asked, my concern skyrocketing once I had heard a loud thump from her side of the line. "Ria? Ria?!" I called, followed by silence.

I hung up and tossed my phone on the passenger's seat beside me as I sped into Georgetown with a thousand worst case scenarios beginning to flood my brain.

It didn't take long for me to reach the familiar neighbourhood, my heart almost exploding out of my chest out of pure fear. I parked the car in the exact same spot we had sat at a few months ago. Time had flown so fast, it felt like it was only yesterday when she sat beside me on that very pavement, making fun of the fact that I liked the colour orange.

"Fuck!" I yelled, banging the steering wheel in front of me. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHICH HOUSE WAS HERS! I got out of the car and frantically ran over to the closest house, the mailbox addressed to the 'Adams'. House after house, I began checking the family name painted on each mailbox. "Evans, Evans, Evans." I repeated to myself, as I went up to each house.

'Richardsons', 'Parkers', 'Smiths', 'Lees', but no Evans. I jogged back to my car and slid into the driver's seat, leaning over to get my phone. I placed my thumb over the home button for recognition and watched my phone unlock before calling my speed dial number two.

"Ronaldo." I exhaled, almost out of breath. "Do you know where Marianne's house is? I was on the phone with her, on my way and I think something happened to her and I don't know where to go. I'm parked at the place you picked me up from, heck I don't even know if you remember. What do I do?"

Without saying a word back, he hung up on me. I sat, staring at my phone in disbelief, shocked that he'd even do something like that. Crazy thoughts and speculations flying out of the window the second I received a text, with a location attached to it.

I should have never doubted him. I clicked the attachment and opened the map. He had pin pointed the spot he had dropped her off at the night she was late for her family dinner. Luckily for me, it was literally a few minutes away. I put my car into drive and drove off, following the directions on my phone.

Once I had reached her house, I practically jumped out of the car and lunged up the steps of her front porch and began banging on the door like a crazy person. "Ria!!" I continuously shouted whilst knocking forcefully on the door. I turned the knob but it was locked, making me bang on the door even harder. "Ria!!"

"You just missed them." A voice said. I turned to my left and saw an old man who I assumed was her neighbour, tending to the garden of the adjacent house. "I'm not sure what happened but the poor girl was taken away in an ambulance."

"Georgetown General?" I asked, already halfway back to my car. The man responded with a nod and I thanked him before hopping into the car and heading towards the hospital.

***

"I'm sorry but you should leave. I can't let you see her unless you're direct family." The nurse holding a clipboard in her hand told me as I followed her down the hall.

"I just want to know what happened." I explained. "Is she going to be okay?"

The nurse sighed and stopped in her tracks. "I can't inform you about her condition. Rules are rules."