Chapter 45: He Kissed Me.

"Uggghhhhhhhhh!" I groaned into my pillow, not raising my head as my hand wandered around for the source of that annoying sound.

"Shut up, shut up, shut up, SHUT UP!!" I screamed, finally grabbing a hold of my phone and swiping at the annoying red arrows radiating from the sides of the ugly alarm clock on the screen. It was Thursday, a.k.a: the only day I coils sleep in because my shift didn't start until three in the afternoon but of course, my phone had to ruin that for me.

Note to self: CHANGE THE SETTINGS OF YOUR DAMN ALARM CLOCK.

Once awoken, I can never go back to sleep, a fact I had sadly learned about myself a couple of years ago. I laid straight on my back and stared at the ceiling above me, a smile creeping it's way onto my face at the thought of all the great things that had happened yesterday.

From hanging out with Thomas and his mum, to our little scream session at the misplaced boulder to my mum and I talking, actually talking about things average mothers and daughters talk about. We even ended the night with a couple of rom-com movies.

Life was good.

I was happy.

***

"SURPRISE!!!!"

I stood at the door of the café, completely dumbfounded, taking in the sight in front of me.

The café was full of familiar and unfamiliar faces; some being those of frequent customers and others belonging to models from the agency. Elliott and Alexander simultaneously popped tubes filled with confetti into the air that landed on me, some pieces even becoming a part of my hairdo.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE-ANNIE!" Mr Ramirez screamed, wrapping his arms around me.

Oh yeah, it's my birthday.

I awkwardly patted him on the back before he released me, just for Iyanu to almost bring me to the ground with another embrace. "Happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday!" She chanted as she cradled me left and right, a penguin hug if you may. Once she had let go of me, everything sunk in all at once. This was a surprise party. For me.

Tears of pure joy and happiness began to blur my vision, causing Iyanu to ask if she had squeezed me too tight and hurt me. I shook my head, smiling like an idiot as some of the tears began to escape and fall down my cheeks. "I'm just.. No one's ever thrown a surprise birthday party for me before."

"You can thank Dylan for that." Claire said, nudging him in the side with her shoulder.

"Birthday sex." Alexander mumbled as he walked passed me.

That sly, disgusting boy.

"Hey, we all planned it." He laughed, scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, but it was your idea." Claire continued. "Alexander and I just helped out."

"You guys." I cried, walking up to them and pulling the three into a group hug. "Thank you so much."

"Enough with the mushiness." Elliott exclaimed, somehow finding his way to the top of the bar, raising a cup of Maroon Lagoon in the air. "Let's get this party started!!"

***

After hours of thanking everyone and some really bad dance moves, I was sat alone on the bench in the backroom, taking a break from the crazy party going on on the other side of the door to my left.