Chapter 39: We're... Judges?

"I'm just saying, they're like the caterpillars of fruits." Elliott commented, twirling an orange in his hand.

The rest of us sitting at the table stared at him in bewilderment as he took his time peeling the fruit. "This used to be a flower and now it's a fruit. I don't know how you guys don't find that fascinating."

He would definitely get along with Claire.

"In other news," Iyanu began, changing the subject of why oranges were considered edible butterflies, "when's the bus coming again?"

"What bus?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, right. You're an only child." She recalled, patting me on the shoulder. "It's about today's shoot, you'll see."

"I'm so confused." I muttered under my breath, just as Mr Harrings' voice called out, causing us to turn our heads to his direction.

"Everyone!! The bus is here!! Andalé andalé, let's get this show on the road." He clapped, heading to a long table set at the end of the spacious eleventh floor.

"What bus?" I finally asked Alexander as we got up from our table and began walking to line up along one of the walls.

"I have no clue." He replied.

Weird.

A couple of models from Elaine's, obviously including Alexander, were also present, which meant it was another joint project. After greeting Angela who I hadn't seen since our last photo shoot together, we stood in a line, facing the metallic doors of the elevator on the opposite wall.

"Who are we waiting for again?" I piped up, seeing that no one else was asking questions and no one was volunteering to explain on their own.

"I literally have no clue whatsoever." Alexander responded, his eyes wavering between Mr Harrings and the metallic doors ahead.

Soon enough, my question had been answered as the large doors opened and a group of people came walking out of the elevator. And let me tell you, it was definitely not what I was expecting.

You're thinking it must've been some special guest of a supermodel who'd help us out with our next shoot, or The President of the United States, or even Thomas. But boy, are you wrong. Because out came a group of kids and young adults of various ages and backgrounds.

"Jonny, over here!" Iyanu called from beside me, waving her hand in the air.

"Who?" I couldn't help but subconsciously ask. I felt like I was being left out of everything.

"Jonny," Iyanu repeated, looking at me with a bright smile on her face, "my little brother."

"I'm turning eighteen next month, I'm not little." The boy who was now standing in front of us scoffed, shoving his hands into his pockets. He had a very serious case of a resting bitch face and dreadlocks, making him look both handsome and intimidating.

"Jonny, this is my friend Marianne. Marianne, my brother Jonathan." She introduced. He jutted his head out to me in one of those greeting nods and I smiled back awkwardly.

"Can the following models please head over to Mr Harrings' table. From DH:" the assistant with long, dark hair read out loud as she stood in the middle of the floor, "Claudia Mobrava and Marianne Evans."

Huh?

"From Elaine's: Alexander Norma."

I looked over at him and he had that same, unimpressed, overly bored look plastered on his face. Was I the only one that was freaking out? "Come on then." Claudia said as she walked passed us to where Mr Harrings was sitting on a long table with a couple of other people.