Chapter Eight - Sing to Me

CHAPTER 8

[Louis’ POV]

I sat on the bedroom floor of Liam’s room, struggling through my Math homework, not getting any of the answers right. I looked down at my sheet and I was stuck on question six, but when I peaked over to Liam’s sheet I saw he was breezing through it and was on the second last question. I couldn’t help but to sigh at how horribly I was doing, receiving a puzzled look from Liam, “What’s up?”

“I can’t do this fucking Math. I fucking hate Styles.” I practically growled, throwing my pencil down onto my page. If Niall was here and heard what I just said then he’d probably go off on me. Oops.

“Scoot over,” Liam mumbled as he shuffled his body directly next to mine, our hips touching. At the same time we both went to pick up my pencil and our fingertips hit each other’s causing both of us to pull them back and awkwardly laugh as we looked in opposite directions. Liam shyly went back for the pencil and when he saw I wasn’t going for it, he picked it up, “Okay, so, let me see.”

I listened to Liam’s voice go over where I went wrong and how to correct myself. When he spoke it made sense, he made things so much clearer as he used smaller words and not those big mathematical words Mr. Styles used in class. I nodded slowly as he watched me do three questions. He warmly smiled as he corrected the three, telling me I got them right, “Good. See? You get it!” He whispered down into my neck, only because of how close we were. Nothing more.

“Thanks!” I cheerfully thanked Liam and let him go back to his own homework, only to be soon called down by his mother for dinner. The two of us rushed down the stairs to walk in on a table filled with food – chicken, potatoes, corn, the whole lot! “Wow, Mrs. Payne, this is too much!” I gushed as I took the seat opposite Liam and began serving myself, just as Liam was doing.

“Don’t be silly Louis, I haven’t seen you for a year, of course I’m going to cook! Eat up boys!” Liam’s mum smiled as she sat at the head of the table, “I’m so glad you two are friends again!” She continued, happily cutting into her chicken.

“Yes. Friends, friends, friends!” I gloated, “Friends till the end, right Liam?” I winked as I bit into my corn, eyeing Liam as I waited for his response. He slowly looked up at me and then back down to his plate, a little frown playing on his lips as he nodded slowly,

“Yep. Friends.”

I was confused why he seemed so upset about it, but in all honesty the main thing on my mind was whether or not I was going to have seconds or not. So I sat there eating away, listening to Liam’s conversation with his mother, speaking up when it was appropriate and whatnot. When we finished Liam and I were excused back to his room and when we got to the beginning of the stairs, Liam grabbed my hand and pulled up the stairs behind him, throwing me into his room and locking his bedroom door, “We need to talk, Louis.”

[Niall’s POV]

“I have to admit when you asked if I remembered where you still lived I got upset. I could never forget your house.” I spoke as I walked through the front door, picking up very old habits and kicking off my Supras into the side closet.