Chapter Twenty Eight - Justin

CHAPTER 28

[Niall’s POV]

            “So graduation is around the corner.” I said slowly as I dropped my pencil on my notebook and looked over to Harry. He was quietly sipping a cup of tea while reading one of his books he liked so much. That day, after school, I went straight to Harry’s for a quiet place to just be myself. I find, when I’m at my own place, I still feel trapped. I hated being there; even Zayn couldn’t make me feel fully better. The structure just reminded me of everything bad in my life, specifically, when I was seconds away from shooting a bullet down my own throat.

            “Have they picked a valedictorian yet?” Harry peaked over the brim of his book, both watching me and checking to see if what homework I was doing was correct. I was doing English, so there wasn’t much he could do if I were doing it wrong. He always told me he hated English. Though, he was good assistance when I was stumped with Biology, Physics, or even Chemistry.

            “Yeah they have. It’s Zayn.” I gave a soft smile knowing exactly where I wanted to take this conversation, “And I’m supposed to be his replacement incase something happens making him unable to do his speech.” Unknowingly, I had picked up my pencil again and I was flipping it between the fingers of my left hand.

            “Do you want me to help you with your speech? I mean, you can never be too careful.” Harry now put his book down and had a large smile on his face, “I remember I helped a student last year with her valedictorian speech. She knocked it out of the park.” Harry’s eyes were basically glowing. Forget having eyeballs, Harry had fucking disco balls for eyes – they were that shiny right now.

            “No, I wanted to actually talk about what happened before graduation.” I tried changing the subject but Harry shook his head, not letting me.

            “Pre-graduation sex? Don’t worry, babe, we’ll have that covered. And even post-graduation sex.” Harry winked, making me, for some reason, blush like crazy, “Now come on, let’s go into the office and work on your speech.” Harry was very excited. He stood and intertwined his fingers with mine as he directed me to his office. I had never seen his office before, but it was probably like every other office adults tend to have – boring.

            The door to the office was one of those sliding doors that actually slid into the walls, and when I got the view of his office my jaw dropped, which, has become something normal for me to do when Harry shows me a new room of his house. His office was a circle, but of course, the walls around the door weren’t curved, just after. Harry walked in and sat at the desk that was placed in the center of the room, “I feel like this should be the Oval Office that the President of the United States should sit in.” I exaggerated the words of my sentence in one long breath, making Harry chuckle.

            “Funny, that isn’t the first time I heard that. My mum said the exact same thing.” He patted his lap, asking for me to sit, and I did as told. He opened up his Safari browser and started searching for inspirational quotes, “You’re going to have to include one of these bad boys. People are always suckers for them.” He was nodding to himself and I was just pretending to pay attention to the screen in front of me. I found it hard to pay attention because I had something else on my mind, that was much more important than this stupid speech that I’m not going to have to do. Harry’s voice grew into background noise as I started biting on my nails. How was I going to bring up – “Niall!” Harry shook me, tearing me away from my thoughts, “Are you even paying attention?”