Chapter Fifteen - Losing You

CHAPTER 15

[Harry’s POV]

“It says goodbye,” Zayn spoke, his voice breaking near the end, “It also says you can find him in his bathroom at home if you’re lucky enough.” Then from out in the crowd I heard a cry and saw a woman – Niall’s mother – stand up and run for the door. Then I saw both Louis and Liam get up for the audience and run to the exit, Zayn soon jumping off the stage and following them. There were a few gasps and a few cries from other people in the audience; I’m assuming a mix of Niall’s peers and other parents. The crowd grew rather antsy and I found myself jumping off the stage, running towards the exit myself.

I was blindly running down the halls, towards my classroom. My hand reached for the door handle and pushed the door open with a mass amount of force coming from my shoulder. I ran to my desk, grabbing my car keys, leaving my jacket behind. I caught myself, within seconds, outside of the large building, running down to the parking lot. I stumbled to my car, nearly tripping, but managed to grab the door and force it open.

I stuck my keys into the ignition and barely gave my car enough time to come to life before I was reversing out of my spot and driving away from the school. To get to Niall’s home I had to drive down the freeway and turn down some local streets. I continued to accelerate, obviously passing the speed limit. As soon as I hit the freeway I felt my car jerk and the tires sped faster and faster.

“I can’t lose you.” I said to myself, “I just can’t lose you Niall!” I started shouting at myself as I drove to his rescue.

I was in state of mind where nothing, absolutely nothing, mattered to me except for seeing Niall and saving that boy. My grip on the wheel tightened as I neared my exit off the freeway, but the sound of police sirens started blaring from behind me. I shouted a mouthful of profanities as I pulled over, watching as the cop strolled out of his car and sauntered over to me.

“License please.” He said, extending his hand as I rolled down my window. I let out an aggravated sigh and handed him my card, “I’ll be right back.”

I tried to reason with him and explain to him my reasoning for speeding, but he didn’t care and only rolled his eyes and walked off before I could speak. I punched the passenger seat and shouted out in anger, letting tears I didn’t know I was forcing back out. These tears weren’t like regular tears I used to shed. These were full out sobs and screams.

I curse this cop. He’ll be the reason I don’t get to Niall in time. He’ll be the reason for Niall’s suicide. He’ll be the reason I lose Niall. I peaked through my rear view mirror and saw the cop walking back, my card and ticket in hand. He bent his knees so he was at eye level and was about to speak, but he saw my state and gave me a very confused look,

“It’s just a ticket bud. Don’t best yourself up over it.”

“You don’t understand!” I shouted.

“What don’t I understand?”

“You may have just prevented me from saving the person I love from killing himself.” I half yelled, half whispered. The cop’s face turned blank and he bit his bottom lip, his eyes scanning me all over.

“What’s the address?” I heard him say sternly. I muttered Niall’s street name and house number and the cop nodded, “Well get going. We won’t stop you.” I looked and saw the cop rip up the ticket as he walked back to his car. I heard him speak into his radio, he mumbled Niall’s address then said, “Potential suicide. We need an ambulance. I’m on my way over now.”