Chapter Thirty One - Happiness In The Hospital

Please read my author's note at the end, thank you :).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CHAPTER 31

[Niall’s POV]

            I sat in between Harry’s legs, his arms wrapped around me tightly. We were in my bedroom, sitting on the floor against my bed. My door was locked because I had everyone I wanted already in my bedroom, except for one. Louis and Liam were sitting on my bed, silent as well. Harry was rubbing my arms as much as he could, considering I was curled over. My mother was in the kitchen preparing dinner for us, and most likely crying to herself. She loved Zayn. Ever since we took him in after his family’s demise, she always thought of him as a second son. And sometimes I would tease her saying she loved him more than me.

            There was an annoying tick that belonged to my clock and I just wanted it to go away. I wanted to hear something else, anything else, really, “Harry?” I spoke softly, but coherent enough that Harry, Louis and Liam could hear me, “Just distract me. Talk. Sing. Tell a joke. Just anything.” I could feel him nodding as he listened to my pleas and I sat there, just waiting for his distraction to begin.

            “You know,” He began softly, “I’ve never been inside your bedroom, let alone your house.” And he was right. This was the first time he had ever come over. I never thought he’d be here while Liam, Louis, and my mother were home. I always thought it’d have to be something sneaky and hidden, but this wasn’t the case. When my mum picked me up after what happened at school, she took Louis and Liam with her as well and told Harry to follow behind her. His being here was her idea and I’d be forever grateful that she invited him over.

            “I’m sorry that this is why you’re here.” My voice was more muffled than before, even I could tell, “I wanted your first time being here to be spontaneous and, well, I always pictured us having sex the first time you came over, but, whatever.” I heard light laughter coming from behind me, and none of it belonged to Harry. I could tell he was mortified by what I just said. Normally he’d be chill about it, but since Liam and Louis were behind us, talk of sex was a no-no. The subtle chuckles soon erupted into a brisk laughter and even I couldn’t refrain from laughing.

            I sat up and turned to look at Harry who looked so embarrassed, it was so cute. I smiled and kissed his chin after I had my small laughing fit, softening up his face as he smiled down at me, “That was uncalled for.” His tone was serious, but his face was the exact opposite.

            “But it lightened the mood.” Louis said, now crossing his legs, letting Liam rest his head in the open spot, “Let’s not try to think too much about Zayn. He’ll be fine. The more we worry, the more we’ll stress ourselves out.” And Louis had a point. Yes, it was healthy to be concerned but staying strong was key. “Why don’t we help your mum make dinner? It’ll be a distraction.”

            My eyes were closed, tightly shut for that matter, and I nodded my head, pushing myself up. As I stood, I felt a bit dizzy. I opened my eyes and the room was spinning slowly. I started to topple backwards but Harry caught me, “I wish you would get checked at the hospital.” His voice dragged and I knew he really wanted me to. I hated the hospital and everything related to that place, but I felt so dizzy and sick that I couldn’t say no.