Chapter Twenty Seven - Promposal

Hi hello. I want to inform you all who haven't yet realized this, but the previous chapter has been completely rewritten and is not the same as before. There is something in that chapter that is going to help further the plot along and I advice you read it so you're not confused later on :). 

Thank you!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CHAPTER 27

[Niall’s POV]

            Monday morning came and I walked into the main doors of the school quietly with Zayn beside me. Yesterday being Sunday, my mum, took me to check my head from when I fell and everything was fine. Nothing serious. Zayn and I walked up the steps to the second level of our school and peaked over to the bulletin board of announcements. Summer was quickly approaching and that meant prom and graduation for us seniors.

            “You’ve a prom date yet, Zayn?” I asked as he read the notices.

            “Yes, actually.”

            “The hell? Who!” My tone was mixed with excitement and preteen schoolgirl. I clapped my hands together and started to jump around laughing, “This is great though! Tell me who she is! Or he – I don’t discriminate!” I teased, laughing at my own stupidity, “Do I know her?” I asked, waiting for Zayn to answer, “Why aren’t you answering me?”

            “Because you won’t shut up and let me tell you!” Zayn groaned, putting his hands on my shoulders and holding me down, “I’m going with Eleanor.” As Zayn said her name, I felt my mouth drop to the ground in shock. I had no clue he and her were a thing. Proves just what a good friend I was.

            “What! Since when did you like her?” I had to force myself not to scream out because I was over the moon excited. Like, I couldn’t. If I was on a scale from one to even, I can’t.

            “A while now. You’re life has been so busy, that I didn’t want to complicate things.” Zayn reasoned as he shrugged, “I’m also going to be valedictorian at graduation. No one knows yet. Principal Duncan asked me last week. I also get to pick my replacement in case something happens.”

            “Zayn!” I screamed out in excitement, but he quickly put his hand over my mouth and shushed me. I nodded, realizing I was being too loud and he uncovered my mouth, “Whose going to be your understudy or whatever?”

            “You.” He grinned while he started backing away from me, “And you can’t say no either!” He waved and started to run down the hallway, away from me. I yelled after him but all I got as a response was his laughter. I couldn’t do that. But really, I had nothing to worry about because what was going to happen to Zayn, like really? Thinking nothing more of the potential of me having to give a speech, I started to walk to the library, where I figured I’d see Liam and Louis, and when I entered, I surely did see them. When I sat with them, I entered midway in their conversation about prom and what colours they were going to wear.