Chapter Twenty Five - Then Do It, Then Make Me

CHAPTER 25

[Niall’s POV]

            “How long has this been going on for?” My mum asked. Her voice was off, as if she as masking her fear and concern, but she wasn’t doing a good job if that was her intention. I sighed and explained to her again, what had been happening the last couple of weeks. Zayn was at my side, quietly stirring some sugar into his cup of tea I had made him. “I don’t understand, Niall.” I was confused. I had no other words, or any better way of explaining to her what happened at school with Eric Logans and why I haven’t been mentioning Harry, like at all.

            “Don’t understand what?” I looked up into my mum’s eyes, questioning her as she questioned me, “It’s pretty self explanatory if you ask me. Don’t make me explain it again for a third time.” As if for a plea for help, she looked over towards Zayn, who really was trying his best to ignore the entire conversation in general. He was just her for moral support, which I appreciated.

            “How are you so calm, Niall? Aren’t you upset?” Her face appeared as a brick with no emotion at all, but her voice gave her away as it cracked as she spoke. I only could shrug, not really having an explanation. I wasn’t sure whether or not I didn’t have one, or I just didn’t trust her enough for the entire truth.

            “Yes, yes I’m upset, mum.” I started, “But there’s nothing I can do to change what has happened. All I can to is focus on what’s ahead of me and deal with them as they come. I’ve ought to grow up, and I can’t think of a more perfect time than now.” She nodded, as if she were finally understanding me.

            “So, I assume you want me to just drop it? Never bring it up again? Pretend as if my baby wasn’t molested by some perverted grown man?” She was starting to grow cross with me, and I wasn’t fond of it all that much. “This isn’t something I can just throw away and ignore. You’r my son, Niall. This worries me.”

            “Well stop worrying. I’m handling this, and Principal Duncan is here to help me. Not you.” I was now starring right at her, my eyes’ gaze burrowing into her. She swallowed and opened her mouth, but I quickly cut her off before she could get her first word out, “Are we done here?” I asked quietly, finally looking away from her and towards Zayn. I heard a sigh and saw her nod from out of the corner of my eye, “C’mon Zayn.” I mumbled, and soon he and I were making our way up to my room. We brought our tea up with us so we had something to do while we sat in silence. I sat against my headboard and he sat on my bed, against the small bit of wall underneath my window. I looked over towards Zayn, but more so past him, so I could see the view out my window, “What day is it?”

            “Mate, it’s Friday. We’ve the weekend!” He grinned, looking up from his tea.

            “Aren’t you supposed to be going to Liam’s?” I asked, now fixing my eyes so they were looking at him. I watched him nod slowly, while taking another sip of his tea, “Then why aren’t you going?”

            “We invited you, remember? And you haven’t answered.”