Chapter Fourteen - In Case

Talent show is in this chapter. The song used in it... I wrote it as if Niall wrote it, but I obviously know who the actual singer is, so don't even. Enjoy everyone [longest update on this story ever... 7 Microsoft Word pages]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CHAPTER 14

[Niall’s POV]

My eyes stung, my legs were exhausted and my lungs were burning, but I wouldn’t stop. I couldn’t stop. I had to get to Louis’ house before my mind decided to change wanted me to go down a more darker and lonelier path. I ran straight down the middle of the road, my feet getting soaked as the splashed against the puddles from the days earlier rain shower.

Eventually I did make it to Louis’ house and as I turned into his driveway I stumbled over my feet, falling face first into the pavement. I managed to fall without scraping my skin, which I was glad about. Only I was able to cause rips and tears into my skin. 

My feet made their way to the front door and my hand began to pound against it viciously and my other tried to rid my face of the tears. I heard an angry tone come from the other side of the door and as soon as it opened Louis stood there and his angered face rapidly changed to a consoling expression. He rushed me inside and I continued to wail, ultimately causing Liam to come out of Louis’ bedroom in just his sweatpants, his face reading mine carefully. 

“What happened?” The two asked in unison. I independently made my way to a nearby couch and sat down, crying into my arm. Louis sat down beside me, wrapping his arm securely around my waist, and Liam stood in front of me with his arms crossed, “Did Zayn do something?” 

“What about your mother?” 

I couldn’t speak because the tears, the sobs, the everything overpowered me and made it impossible for me to formulate words, let alone speak them. I only shielded my face and shook my head sideways.

“Then who was it?” I heard Liam say, his voice now directly in front of me. I swallowed the large lump in my throat and forced one word out, one word that made my heart break.

“Harry.” I croaked out, once again letting the sobs escape my pathetic lips, “He just – He just ended it.”

“Why?” Louis soothingly asked. 

“Beca – Because my fucking mu – mum caught us. She ca – came to his house and walked right i – in.” I said into the crook of my elbow and Louis continued to draw circles on my back, “Wh – Who told her?” I said, forcing myself up off the couch, looking at the two of them.

“I didn’t!” Liam said. 

“You know I would never.” Louis said.

“Then who fucking told my mum!” I shouted, a new set of fresh tears tickling my cheeks. 

“You don’t think Zayn…” Liam thought out loud.

“He would never. After everything I’ve done for him. After all the shit he put me through. He’d never.” I said, eyeing Liam. Was he trying to frame Zayn?

“Well who else knew?” Louis asked, standing himself.

“Only the three of you.” I said, getting cut off by a knock at the door, “Don’t answer it!” I whispered-yelled at Louis, “It’s probably my mum.”