Chapter Twenty Three - Confident

CHAPTER 23

[Niall’s POV]

            I followed Zayn down the hall, letting a rather impressive yawn out of my mouth. I was trying my best to hide my fear of actually being back in this place, and I thought was I doing a quite well actually. “Liam and Louis texted me this morning,” Zayn spoke out, “Told me they’d happily help you with the math you missed. They’re in the library I think.”

            Nodding, I silently drifted away from Zayn, and turned into the library. My head was turned down and my hands were behind my neck. My eyes were fixed on my own sneakers, and I didn’t notice when I bumped into a body that was leaving the library. I looked up and he looked down. As I looked up, I saw the smirk on his face – it was Mr. Logans. I swallowed hard, preparing for him to whisper something disgusting in my ear, but he just continued walking and said, “See you this afternoon, Mr. Horan. Glad you’re feeling better.”

            I forced the interaction out of my head and saw Liam and Louis sitting in the library’s back corner. Louis caught me walking over, and waved towards me, letting Liam know I had come. Before I sat down, both of them opened up their binders and textbooks, “Okay, lads, we got a lot of work to do.” Louis smiled, acting as if nothing was going on. I smiled at how he made everything seem so light and, well, not fucked.

            I remembered Zayn telling me that Louis and Liam got back together behind Louis’ dad’s back, and now his dad is actually accepting the whole Lilo relationship. I still refer to them as Lilo whenever we’re all together, it’s just kind of funny to me. Louis looked over to me, adn pointed down at his textbook, “We have a test on limits coming soon.”

            “What the hell is a limit?” I said, frowning down at the page. Lilo laughed at me, came to either side of me, and walked me slowly through limits and how to calculate them. After a solid thirty minutes I still knew nothing, “It’s not your fault guys, I’m just hopeless.” They continued to apologize to me as the bell for first class rang. I had to get to English.

            Once leaving the library, I turned away from the two lovebirds and let out a heavy sigh. I stopped in the bathroom that was down the hall and expected my image in the mirror. I didn’t want to be here, but I had to.

            I took my phone out of my pocket and my thumb started scrolling through my contacts, until I found Harry’s and just hovered over it. We were still together, but we agreed to not talk to one another until this shit blows over, but it was hard. After everything had been said and down, I haven’t heard his voice for two weeks and I haven’t seen his face either. I swallowed my pride and put my phone back into my pocket, I had to do this right, I had to stick to the plan.

            Eventually the day ended, with nothing eventful happening. Even in math today, Mr. Logans didn’t pay attention to me, though, I still kept my eye on him, “You going to eat that?” Zayn said, snapping me from my thoughts. He was pointing down to the piece of chicken I had been idly playing with on my plate for the past fifteen minutes. I shook my head and gave it too him, leaning back into my couch, flicking through the channels on the television. I let out a bored yawn – it was only half past eight.