Chapter Seventeen - The Morning After

CHAPTER 17

[Harry’s POV]

My eyes slowly opened yet my room was still dark. I tried leaning over to catch the time on my alarm clock but there was a weight on top of me that held me down on my bed. My vision cleared itself and I could a dirty blond mop of hair resting on my chest. In fact, the entire body that belonged to that mop of hair was on top of my body. I assumed I woke up before my alarm clock and guessed that Niall wasn’t moving anytime soon. I sided with lying stiff and still, letting Niall lay there in a perfect and content sleep.

Some would say it was generous of me to remain still to let the boy who I call the love of my life continue to sleep safe and sound. They would call me a pure romantic and things similar to just that. But I was doing it for selfish reasons. Sure, Niall’s rest was important to me, but the main reason I didn’t move Niall or wake him was because I absolutely loved having him this close to me. His warmth brought me comfort and that’s all I truly need to be happy – Niall, his love, and his warmth. He, in simplistic terms, completes me and before him I never figured I end up with a boy, let alone my seventeen-year-old student.

But I guess love changes people. Once you find it, nothing else matters. It’s just you and that one person you took the risk to love. It works our perfectly if they take the same risk to love you back, and I know Niall’s risking a lot to be able to publically say ‘I love you’, as am I. I wish the world wasn’t so judgmental and would accept Niall and I being together. However, next September, when Niall turned eighteen, we’ll be legally allowed to publically be together, but knowing the way society works, it’ll still be frowned upon and people will try to break us up.

But they can try all they want; they will never break Niall and me up. I’d like to say nothing will have the power to do such evil, but always expected the unexpected. Now, I’m not saying I expect something to break us up. I’d never say that. I just know that the relationships like mine and Niall’s almost always end in heartache. But I’m going to try my hardest to not be like those train wrecked couples. There will be not secrets, there will be no abuse, and there will be no cheating. I’d never hide anything from Niall, I’d never abuse him, and I sure as hell would never cheat on him.

Then, the memory of last night flooded my mind and I felt the heat of my body rise. He was my first, and I was his. That’s what love is. We didn’t have sex. It was more than that. We made love. But love is a two way street and we have to meet halfway. Niall was already there, and it was my turn to walk. If you don’t catch my drift, Niall bottomed last night, and next time it was my turn to bottom. I wanted to bottom for him. I didn’t want one of us to be more dominant in the relationship. I wanted there to be some sort of equilibrium and alternating who bottoms sets that equilibrium. At least that’s how I picture it.

“Har-Harry?” I heard a small little Irish accented voice speak into my bare chest, "¿Qué hora es?” 

“Did you just speak to me in Spanish?”

“Mhm.”

I chuckled lightly and repositioned ourselves so that I sat up against the headboard and Niall sat in my lap. He kept his face against my chest, specifically on my butterfly tattoo and wrapped his arm around me, “It’s nearly half past six.”

“In the morning?”

“Yes, babe, in the morning.” I answered as I started playing with Niall’s hair soothingly. He hummed in a low, muted tone but I couldn’t help but to grin at him, though, he couldn’t see.

“I like it when you call me babe.” Niall spoke, “That, and love.” Niall nuzzled his face deeper into my chest and I felt him inhale a breath. I gently rested my chin on his head, not wanting to hurt him, and closed my eyes. I wanted to stay like this forever.