Chapter Sixteen - Waterbed

CHAPTER 16

[Harry’s POV]

I fell back onto my bed, sinking into the water-filled mattress as I waited for Niall who wanted to take a shower to ‘clean’ himself from the night’s drastic events. My body moved with the bed, but soon it steadied out and I was laying relaxingly still. I had taken my shirt off as Niall went to the shower and failed to remove my pants. I listened to the sounds coming from my bathroom – Niall was singing to himself. I shut my eyes and let a smile creep throughout my lips while I listened to his quiet voice through the running water.

I swallowed slowly and took my hands from my sides and placed on my chest, tapping each finger individually on my bare chest. Each tap’s pace quickened and I started tapping a simple drumbeat on my chest as I waited for Niall to finish up.

Soon the water was turned off and I brought my hand up behind my head and leaned on them – my eyes still closed. The smile was still plastered on my face as I pictured Niall, all wet and hot [from the warm shower water] lying down next to me. He was so innocent, so perfect, so cuddly, and so mine. He was mine and would be mine for however long he wanted to be mine. I would never let him go. Not again. Tonight was too close for comfort and I would never leave Niall’s side. That is, until he’s had enough of me and wants space. But, let’s not think of that right now.

I was too lost in my thought of Niall that I failed to hear Niall sweetly calling my name from the door. My eyes were still closed, but opened immediately when I felt Niall lay himself down, not beside me, but on top of me. I chuckled as I starred up into his big beautiful blue eyes. I leaned up and planted a gentle kiss on his nose and he scrunched up his face in a cute manner,

“You’re kisses are icky.” he said in a way a small child would.

“Then you get no more kisses from me. Ever.” I played along, pouting out my bottom lip and turning my head away from him. I heard a small little gasp escape fro his soft pink lips and it took everything I had to not turn back to kiss his lips. I didn’t have to though, because Niall took his hand and tilted my head back so he could kiss mine. A heart-melting sigh left my lungs and I couldn’t resist the taste of his lips. I puckered up and kiss him back, equally as loving, equally as caring, equally as gentle.

Niall was the first to part as he asked, “How many guys have you been with?” He readjusted himself so he was lying down and his ear was stuck on my chest. I was sure he could hear the beat of my heart pick up. I removed my hands from behind me and started playing with Niall’s damp hair. He nuzzled into my touch as he waited for my answer,

“Only you,” I whispered, but loud enough for him to hear, “And I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I really just want you to be the only guy I’m ever with. Everyone else is irrelevant when compared to you in my eyes.”

Niall lifted his head once more, starring into my green eyes. He opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but quickly shut it when he started to blush, “What’s the matter, Niall?”

“It’s nothing.”

“No, babe, tell me.”