•storms pass• {julian edelman}

Every storm runs, runs out of rain
Just like every dark night turns into day

12. That was the twelfth crack of thunder I had heard. I've been terrified of storms for as long as I can remember and this one sounded bad. Sleeping during storms was something I was never able to do. It was 3 in the morning and I cowered into Julian's side in hopes that he somehow had the power to make the storm go away. He didn't have that power but his arm held me tightly to his side, as if he was protecting a football that his quarterback had just thrown to him. He did it unconsciously as he was sleeping.

8. The dark bedroom was lit up with a lightning strike. Our curtains were pulled shut but the lighting still filled the room with its shock. I whimpered in Julian's arm that was securely wrapped around me. How could he sleep through this? How could anyone sleep through a storm.

13. That was the thirteenth roll of thunder, and it was uncontrollable. This one was the loudest and it felt like it shook our shared house. Since our bedroom was on the 2nd floor I felt even more unsafe. The higher in the house, the closer we were to the storm.

All of a sudden I heard a loud crash. It wasn't thunder. It wasn't hail. It wasn't lightning. It was as if the world was crashing down and it caused me to jump. I shuddered in fear and Julian finally woke up. "I think it's a tornado," I said tears welling in my eyes.

"Kayla, this is Massachusetts, we don't have tornadoes," Julian said groggily covering his eyes with his free arm. He brushed off my fears and was trying to go back to sleep. I pulled closer to him.

"Julian, I'm scared," I said. My lip was quivering as the room lit up with lightning again.

"Hey, hey are you crying?" Julian asked. He sat up in the bed, suddenly realizing that I wasn't joking around and that I really was scared. I had never told him how deathly terrified of storms I truly was. "I thought you were kidding. Come here," he said pulling me into his chest and kissing my forehead. His hand got messed up in my hair as he ran his hand through it. His arms wrapped tightly around me in guilt. He felt bad for being so insensitive to my fears.

"I just don't like storms," I said indulging in his hug and instantly feeling comforted. His large hands were still wrapped around my back, he kissed my forehead one last time before he craned his neck up to the window that sat above our bed to see what the loud crash was

"A tree fell," Julian reported, sinking back down and coming back to my height. I pouted, we barely had any trees in our Boston backyard and it hurt that this storm had taken one from us.

"I guess I know what the loud noise was now," I said forcing a small laugh. On the inside I was crying but I decided to laugh on the outside before he thought I was a nut. The thunder rolled again and I clinched on to Julian even tighter. I dug my finger nails into his back but he didn't say anything. This was our first major storm we ever experienced together and he had no idea how scared of them I was.

"Hey, do you want to hear a story?" Julian asked leaning his head down to meet my eyes. I nodded my head laying on his chest. "So when I was little, there was this really bad storm. I was scared. My family spent the night in our basement. It was pretty serious. But you know what my mom told me to comfort me?" Julian said in a comforting voice.

"What did she tell you?" I asked peaking up at him with a small smile, interested in what he had to say.

"She told me we need storms like these to appreciate the sun. She told me eventually the storm would pass and it would make me even more thankful for when the sun finally showed his face again," Julian spoke. His face was bright in reminiscing his mother's words.

"That's beautiful Jules," I said reaching up to kiss his jawline. I felt it clench under my lips.

"In the meantime though," Julian said rolling on top of me with a boyish grin upon his face, "I can think of a few ways to forget about the storm."

I'm so sorry for the delay! I hope you liked it and thanks for requesting a second one @biancadelriofan
😘