•just friends• {tom brady}

That ain't nothing. I'm just jealous. I'm just human, don't judge me

• • •

"Can you believe we are finally in Charlotte? I'm so excited to see Luke!" I say twirling as Tom shuts the hotel room door behind us. The team arrived yesterday but I had some work to do in Boston that slowed my trip down.

"Aren't you excited about my game?" Tom asked.

"Well, of course! But you know I haven't seen Luke in forever. Since the draft. We weren't together the last time you guys played," I rambled on. Tom crossed his arms and pouted.

"What's wrong?" I ask. I touch his large bicep as he shrugs me off and walks further into the hotel suite. "Did I do something?"

"No. But you just got here and all you are taking about is Luke. I'm your boyfriend. You should be more excited to see me," Tom explained.

"Tom. He's my friend. He was my first friend at Boston College. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have graduated and definitely wouldn't have met you," I explain with a hand on my hip. I've never seen Tom jealous before, but I'm pretty sure this was it.

"Whatever. Just go." He waves me away. My jaw drops at his sudden urge to be distant. Part of me wants to stay and assure him that Luke and I are just friends. But the other part of me is just excited to see my best friend.

"Tom, I'm going to see my best friend Luke Kuechly. We have never EVER had feelings for each other, but if that is what your stubborn mind chooses to believe than fine. I'll see you in a couple hours and you can take me out for dinner once I prove to you that Luke and I are just friends," I say as I lean in for a kiss. The stubborn man turns away from me so I plant a pink lipstick kiss on his cheek before leaving the hotel suite.

Luke is waiting in the lobby for me. He was easy to point out. He was always so much taller than everyone else he was around, finding him in crowds was always an easy task.

"LUKE!" I yell as I begin running towards him. The tall man turns around and smiles gleefully.

"Hannah!" He matches my excitement. His arms open wide and invite me in for a friendly hug. "It is so great to see you again."

"You too, Luke. It has been too long," I say as we finally pull apart from each other.

"I thought I would show you around Charleston this afternoon. I'll try to get you to fall in love with the city just as I have," He smiled.

"I'll love the city for today, but you know I have to cheer for the Patriots," I give him a friendly shove.

"You don't have to..." he trails off. I raise my eyebrow at him causing him to laugh. "Anyways, how is everything with you and Tom?"

"It's going well. We have a lot of fun together. I think he is kind of jealous of my friendship with you though," I say.

"Doesn't he realize you are more like a little sister to me than anything?" Luke asks, shocked at how Tom views him.

"I tried to explain it, but he was just being stubborn," I say. Luke leads me into his favorite ice cream shop. I get a small cone, while Luke gets the biggest one he possibly can. I laugh at his serving, and don't doubt that he will finish the whole thing.

The rest of our afternoon Luke walks me downtown and shows me all of the great things about Charleston. "I should get back. It's getting late. Good luck tomorrow Luke. Please don't get hurt," I say as I reach up for a goodbye hug.

"I'll try not to. It was nice catching up with you. We need to do this more often," He says as he lets go of me.

I take a taxi back to the hotel. It was a short ride, and didn't give me a lot of time to think of how to comfort Tom. Thankfully, there was a wait for the elevator and that gave me some time to figure out what I would say. I take the elevator all the way up to the top floor and go to stand in front of Tom's door.

It is slightly open and I knock softly on it. "Come in," I hear a voice say, but it wasn't Tom's.

"Jules? Do you know where Tom is?" I ask my boyfriend's travel roommate.

"Um. Yeah. I think he went out to the terrace," Julian says as a sheepish smile plays across his lips. I nod in appreciation as I begin towards the terrace.

When I get there, I see Tom looking over the edge at the city below him, dressed in a suit. I lean against the door. "Thinking of jumping?" I playfully ask. He whips his head around.

"Hannah.." he lightly smiles at me. I walk towards him, thankful that he is happy to see me. He holds his hands out for me to grab so I am standing directly in front of him.

"Why are you out here alone? And why are you dressed so nice?" I ask tilting my head.

"I am sorry for getting so jealous about yours and Luke's friendship. You mean the world to me and seeing another guy mean so much to you hurt at first. Then I got to thinking... I should be thankful that you have two guys that are always looking out for you when the other isn't around. But, I want to make sure that I am always around..." Tom reaches into his pocket.

"Tom... what are you doing?" I ask. He sinks to his knee and pulls out the small box.

"Hannah, will you marry me?" he asks. He opens the ring box to reveal the sparkling diamonds.

"Yes! Of course I will, Tom! 1000 times yes!" I scream as he slides the ring on to my finger and stands up to normal height. Suddenly, a crowd erupts into cheers behind us. I quickly turn to see most of his teammates looking on from the windows. I laugh as I wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you Thomas Edward Patrick Brady the second," I say as I lean my forehead against his.

"I love you too Hannah," He says as he finally closes the gap between our lips.

•••

Thanks for requesting Bradyybunch12 !! I hope you enjoyed it!!