•petty• {jimmy graham}

"Then you took me surprise, you said 'I'll never leave you alone'"

•••

I sat in the living room of our house, taking a sip of wine, looking out at the rain falling from the Seattle sky. My mind was at ease after a long day of work. I finally had time to comprehend everything that happened through the course of my day and was able to take a deep breath.

"Alice, are you kidding me?!" My peaceful quiet is interrupted by the sound of my boyfriend, Jimmy Graham yelling from the kitchen. I slam the rest of my wine before getting up from the comfy couch and going to the kitchen to see why he is yelling at me now.

"What is the problem?" I ask. I begin filling my glass again.

"What is the problem? Seriously? When you cook you leave all of these dishes and expect them just to magically get done. I'm not your maid Alice! You are such a slob!" He yells.

"And I'm not your cook Jimmy. I don't need to make you these meals. You aren't the only one that goes to work in this house," I argue.

"No. but when I start something I finish it. I see it all the way through. Unlike you cooking, eating, and then not finishing the dishes," he finishes.

"You see things from start to finish? That's a lie. I do your laundry. I don't wear it. But you seem just fine with throwing it next to the hamper instead of in the hamper. The hamper is just as good at catching clothes as you are at footballs." I say stomping off to our shared bedroom.

The bedroom was the farthest room down the hallway and it took me a while to get there.

"Where are you going?!" Jimmy shouted after me. I could hear his large footsteps following me just as I made it into our bedroom. I tried slamming the door but he got there just as quickly and pushed it back open. We had been fighting a lot lately about stupid things. It seemed to start right after training camp began.

"I'm leaving," I say as I get out my luggage from our closet. I throw it on our bed and start grabbing clothes from all over the closet. Jimmy runs to my side and stops me from packing anymore of my belongings. The threat of me leaving actually seemed to terrify him.

"Alice. Baby. I'm sorry." Jimmy tried. His eyes were pleading for me to stay. I was so frustrated with our relationship lately though. All we do is fight.

"Jimmy, you keep saying that. But each time you do , it seems like you mean it even less. What are we even doing anymore? All we do is fight," I say wiping the tears from my cheeks. I hadn't realized I was crying until I finally stopped moving.

"I'm sorry. I know I keep saying it, but I promise I mean it. I spent years in New Orleans and I'm still trying to adjust to the Seattle offense and especially coming off of injury from last year, there is a lot of pressure on me. I don't mean to take it out on you. I know that's not fair. Please don't leave me. Alice, baby, I need you here. Your sanity is what is going to get me through this season," Jimmy apologizes. His large hands are holding my arms and he leans his forehead against mine. His dark eyes look deeply into mine and I can tell that he means it.

I brush my hand against his face. "I'm sorry too Jimmy. I just had a bad day at work and you getting upset pushed me over the edge. I could never leave you. You're my missing piece." I smile as you rub the stubble on his cheek. Jimmy grabs my other hand and leads me to our bed. He lays down and prompts me to do the same.

I lay beside him and snuggle up close to him. I lay my head on his chest. His arm wraps tightly around me as his other hand reaches for mine. His lips kiss the top of my head.

"Tell me about your day babe. I'm all yours," Jimmy says as he rubs your hand. I look up at him and smile. I can see that he actually is interested in how my day went.

"This is what I needed," I say as I reach up to kiss his lips softly before I begin telling him all about my day.

I hope you liked it XIXBeastModeXIX ! Thanks for requesting!! I hope you liked it! 😘