•set up• {tyrann mathieu}

Where there is desire, there is going to be a flame

• • •

I adjust the Arizona Cardinals baseball hat on my head so that it is sitting perfectly as the final seconds wind off the clock. The home crowd erupts in cheers as the Cardinals claim victory. My best friend Toya is cheering louder than most as her brother runs off the field.

"Good game Tyrann!" she shouts from our spot right next to the tunnel he is running out of. He gives both of us a wink as he runs by. She turns to look at me now. "That was such an exciting game! We should all go out for dinner together to celebrate!" Toya claps excitedly.

"Who do you mean when you say all of us?" I ask suspiciously. We were the only ones in our group at the game, so I was very unsure about who she was referring to.

"You, me, Tyrann, and maybe PP?" she rattled off the list. PP was Patrick Peterson and he was her brother's best friend on the team. I nod in agreement.

"Yeah, that would be fun!" I say.

"Let's go to the locker room and see if they are down for it," she says as she leads the way from out of our seats to the locker room. We were instructed to wait outside until the players we were waiting for left. Tons of family's stood waiting for their favorite player. The crowd cleared out drastically when finally Tyrann and Patrick came out together.

"Hey! Good game you two!" Toya says as she hugs her brother and then Patrick. Tyron turns to me next and my heart immediately skips a beat.

"Thanks for coming," he says shyly. His arm wraps around me and pulls me in for a hug.

"Good game!" I say. Our hug lingers until we finally pull away to see the strange look Toya is giving us. Tyron definitely put on cologne before leaving the locker room, and I prayed that the scent wouldn't go away.

"Anyway.... do you guys want to go out for dinner to celebrate your win?" Toya asks looking between the two players.

"Yeah, that would be fun," Patrick says.

"We can pick you up at your apartment in an hour," Tyrann says. The four of you part ways once you get to the parking lot. Once your doors are shut Toya turns to you swiftly.

"What the hell was that hug?!" she asks, demanding an answer.

"It was just a congratulatory hug. You gave him one too," I defend myself.

"We are best friends and I expect you to tell me everything. So tell me: is there something going on between you and my brother?" she taps her long fingernails impatiently against the steering wheel.

"No!" I quickly deny.

"Do you have feelings for him?" she asks, still not convinced with my answer. I turn to look out the window so I'm not facing her. "Oh Em Gee! You do have feelings for him!" she says excitedly.

"Please don't make a big deal about it... It's nothing!" I quickly protest. She nods mischievously as she drives to our apartment. Before we know it our hour is up and the men are already waiting for us. I come out of my bedroom and see Toya whispering to Patrick and he nods to whatever she is saying.

"Are we ready to go?" she asks.  The rest of us nod in agreement as she leads the way out to the car. "I call shotgun!" she exclaims running ahead of us and Patrick quickly following to take the driver's seat.

"I guess we are stuck in the back.." Tyron shyly smiles.

"Haha I guess so," I nervously add.

"Isn't this fun? It's almost like a double date!" Toya says as Tyrann slides into the car next to me.

"Me and you. Taisha and Tyrann. Tonight's going to be a great night," Patrick smiles at Toya followed by a quick wink. The car ride is quick and we arrive at the restaurant in record time.

The greeter leads us to a secluded table in the corner of the restaurant. Toya makes it her mission to sit across from me so that it is certain that I am sitting by her brother. There are water glasses for each of us already at the table and Patrick picks his up and gestures for the rest of us to do the same. "Here's to a great season-"

"And a great night," Tyrann adds. He looks at me and then quickly looks away. Toya tries hiding the smile that has formed on her face.

"Patrick, let's go get some real drinks besides water," Toya quickly stands from the table and is followed to the bar by Patrick. Minutes pass and you Tyrann sit in silence, when the waiter brings over a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

"This is from the couple at the bar," The waiter says as he places it in the middle of the table. I put my head in my hands, in embarrassment.

Tyrann breaks the silence first. "Taisha, I didn't tell her to act like this-"

"I didn't either," I quickly add.

"But I'm really glad that she is doing this..." Tyrann finishes.

"You are?" My eyes widen at his confession.

"I am... I like you Taisha. And if my little sister wasn't so pushy I don't know If I ever would have worked up the nerve to tell you that," Tyrann says. His hand is sitting on the table, shaking with nerves.

"I like you too Tyrann!" I say and I reach for his hand and it immediately stops shaking.

"You do?!" He asks shocked.

"I do.. I'm glad your sister forced us to confess to each other,"

He looks to the bottle of champagne sitting at the table, pops the cork, and begins pouring it into the two glasses.

"Cheers to a new beginning and my annoying sister," Tyrann holds his glass up to mine. I reach for his hand again.

"Cheers."

We sip our champagne and then Tyrann leans closer to my face. "Thanks for putting up with her."

I glance over at the bar to see Toya watching excitedly. "I'm thankful for her for so many reasons, and you are my favorite one."

Tyrann's lips inch closer to mine until they finally meet. The kiss was all I ever needed and more, all because of his pushy little sister.

• • •

Thank you for requesting Original_Taisha ! I hope you liked it! This was my first HoneyBadger imagine!