•win win• {derek watt}

This life will go by in the blink of an eye
But I wouldn't want to spend it without you by my side

• • •

"The San Diego Chargers have won their first game!" The announcer says over the loud speakers. His voice fills the stadium followed by loud cheers of Charger fans. I was so happy that my first ever NFL game resulted in a win. And part of the reason for the win was my boyfriend, Derek Watt.

"We won!" I cheer. T.J, Derek's other brother, is sitting next to me. T.J. is the youngest of the Watt brothers and is still playing football at Wisconsin.

"Do you want to go down to the field?" He asks. I wrinkle my eyebrows together. I knew the NFL was strict about letting people on to the field and that we couldn't just walk down there.

"I don't think we're allowed to do that," I say. Derek never said anything about coming on to the field after the games. T.J. digs around in his jean pocket until he finds two passes. He puts them into my hands. The passes were held in plastic and supposed to be secured around our necks with the NFL lanyard.

"On field passes? How did you get these?" I ask. I've never been more confused. I didn't even know that these existed.

"That doesn't matter. Are we going to go or not?" T.J. asks impatiently. He must have been dying to see Derek after his first win.

"Yeah let's go!" I say excitedly. T.J. wasn't the only one that wanted to get to Derek as fast as they could. He had such a good game and tore the Chiefs defense to shreds. Derek had the best game of his life and it was the perfect welcome to the NFL.

T.J. leads me through lingering fans and to the aisle and through a hidden stairway that goes directly to the field. How did he know how to get here?

The field is filled with players in powder blue and white. There are reporters and cameras trying to find players to interview.

I begin searching for #34 but am overwhelmed with other numbers and faces. I don't recognize any of these people. Back in Wisconsin, Derek and I both knew the majority of the team and created a bond with them. We hadn't had the chance to do that since arriving here.

My gaze wanders towards the 50 yard line. In the center of the Chargers painted on lightning bolt, I finally find the man I'm looking for. He's standing alone but when his eyes lock with mine we each share a wide smile.

"Derek!" I cheer running towards him. He doesn't move except for the large smile that lights up his face. His eyes are beaming.

"Congratulations!" I say as I finally reach his arms. T.J. Finally catches up to me as Derek wraps his muscular arms around me.

"Thank you!" He says before I finally close the small gap between our lips. He pulls away first, leaving my lips lonely.

His arms are still wrapped around me as he looks at me. I can feel his gaze going through my eyes and directly into my soul.

"Maddie- look around. Do you see all of these people? The lights? The fans? The scoreboard?" Derek begins. I look around, confused.

"Yeah..... Why?" I ask slowly.

"One day they will all be gone. The fans will stop cheering. The lights will dim. The players will move onto different teams. That's football. Nothing ever stays the same. But ever since walking into Math 141 freshman year of college, one thing has been a constant in my life. You. When the lights fade and the crowd quiets, you are the one I want by my side," Derek says as he slowly drops to one knee. "Maddie, will you please marry me?"

"Derek, of course I'll marry you," I stutter out. He slides the ring on my finger, although I can't see t due to my vision being clouded by tears.

Derek stands back up to full height and instantly wraps me in a hug close to his body. His body towers over me. My hands pull his lips back to mine, making my lips feel less lonely. This kiss has much more fire than the one before. This one has a promise for the future and a life full of love.

"You always surprise me," I whisper. I had no idea he was going to do this, but I think T.J. knew. I smirk t the brothers sly plan.

"You've got a life full of surprises now," he says. I laugh into his shoulder as he spins me around.

I hope you liked it mads925 ! Derek is one of my favorite players because he came out of my school so I was glad you requested him!