•emergency• {ezekiel elliott}

It's times like these you learn to live again, it's times like these you give and give again

• • •

"Can you and Zeke please just get along today? I'm sick of you guys fighting all of the time.. It is interfering with how we play," My older brother Dak sternly begs me. He was right, Zeke and I not getting along was a problem.

Dak invited Zeke over to our apartment all the time, and it was cutting into my time with my brother. Dak and I have always been so close, but ever since he got drafted by Dallas, our relationship has been at a halt thanks to all of his new teammates.

"I'll try to..." I say sheepishly. After every game Dak invited his teammates over to watch film or any other football game that was on. As Dak and I approach the locker room, and see a large crowd of huge men waiting. Dak acts like a little school boy and runs to see his friends. I roll my eyes as soon as I see Zeke. Dak's plea runs through my head as soon as we lock eyes.

The rookie running back starts walking over to me and I brace myself. "Emily.." he says in a sour tone.

"Zeke... good luck today," I say through a fake smile.

"Thanks," he says shortly. I nod as we stand there awkwardly.

"Is there anything else you wanted to say?" I ask in a sassy tone.

"Why do you always have to be so rude?" he asks defensively.

"I'm not being rude Zeke. Why did you even come over here?" I ask crossing my arms.

"I was trying to be nice but it appears that you are not capable of that," he snarls. I look over his shoulder to see Dak eyeing us carefully. I put on my fake smile again.

"I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that and walk away. Dak is watching and would really appreciate if we stopped fighting all of the time. You and I don't get along and probably never will," I say through a gritted teeth smile before turning and walking back to the main part of the stadium.

I find my seat by all of the girlfriends and sisters in our booth. WE all had formed such a tight bond this season. It was so easy to get along with these women, but why was it so hard with Zeke?

The game is well under way and the Cowboys are stomping the Packers. Dak fakes the handoff to Zeke and then takes off running himself. When suddenly he is laying on the ground and not moving. I jump to my feet and tears well in my eyes. I already know this is not good.

Before saying goodbye to the girls, I run down to the field. "Please. That's my brother! You have to let me in!" I cry. Tears are streaming down my face but the security guards won't move. I can see through them and they are loading Dak onto a stretcher. "Oh my god! Please! I need to be in the ambulance with him! That's my brother!" I cry again. I pull out my ID and they glance at me and the ID.

"Good luck ma'am," the tallest one says as he moves out of the way. I hear them clear me on to the field through their walkie talkies. I get to Dak just in time as they are loading him into the ambulance. Players from both teams are kneeling and praying that Dak is okay. My eyes find Zeke on the ground, crying.

"That's my brother! Please! Please let me go with him," I beg again. The EMT's make room for me in the back of the ambulance. And as soon as I see Dak laying unconscious I lose myself to tears again. I grab his hand, but he does nothing.

"Ma'am he has a pretty serious neck injury. We need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible," The lady next to me says."Don't worry, we will do everything we can for him." I nod in understanding.

As soon as we get to the hospital, they take Dak back for surgery. I sit in the waiting room alone, praying that it goes well. I lay my head in my hands, as I try to relax and not think about everything that is going on.

"Emily..."

I look up and burst into tears again. "Hey. Come here." Zeke says he sits down next to me and wraps me into a hug. I willingly wrap my arms around him as he rubs my back. "Have you heard anything yet?" he whispers.

"No," I say into his shoulder. "They took him back for surgery and said it was a pretty serious neck injury," I say sitting up now and wiping my eyes. "What if he is paralyzed Zeke? What if he can never play football again? That would break his heart," I say, my voice still cracking from crying.

"He is going to make it. I promise. You're brother is one of the toughest guys I know. He will be fine. Everything is going to work out," Zeke assures me.

"Ms. Prescott," I hear my name and look up to see a Doctor. I stand to greet him.

"Yes?"

"Your brother just got out of surgery and everything went well. There appears to be no major damage and he should be ready to play football again by next season!" The Doctor says.

"Oh my god! Thank you Doctor!" I wrap my arms around Zeke. "You were right! He's going to be fine!"

"I told you..." Zeke insists. I pull away from the hug and see that he is smiling just like I am.

"Zeke... you know how I said we could never get along?" I ask.

"I remember very clearly," Zeke nods.

"I think I was wrong. You were good friend today and I should really give you more of a chance," I say.

"I agree Emily. I think we both should give each other another chance. Now, let's go see Dak."

• • •

This one turned kind of sad for a while there. Sorry about that photomath I hope you still liked it! I love my Dallas rookies! Thanks for requesting!