•break on me• {jimmy garoppolo}

Break on me
Shatter like glass
Come apart in my hands

Walking downtown Boston with my boyfriends Jimmy Garoppolo. The sky is cloudy and it looks like it could easily rain. I've liver in Boston all my life, and have been dating Jimmy for nearly six months now. It was the offseason, and he wanted to explore the city now before football started again. He smiled his contagious smile at me as he laced his fingers in mine.

We had gone to almost every tourist place I could think of and our day was coming to an end. We din't want to be caught in the rain so we were fast walking to his car. "Do you want to race?" Jimmy asked playfully as we neared the parking garage.

"I saw your 40 yard dash Garoppolo, you've got nothing on me," I replied cockily. It wasn't that Jimmy was slow, he was actually quite fast, that was just our relationship. We joked around all the time and made fun of each other. This relationship was a lot more fun than my last relationship.

"Ooooooh, you're on," Jimmy said taking off sprinting towards the garage. I laughed and began to run after him.

"Cheater! You didn't even say go!" I yelled after him. I saw a dark figure slip into the parking garage. I crinkled my eyebrows together, starting to run even faster trying to catch up to Jimmy. I ran past the figure and instantly recognized the evil face.

I was instantly thrown back to 3 years ago.

I was sitting in our dark and grungy apartment. He had just gotten home from the bar and wreaked of cigarettes and alcohol.  I had been sitting on our old couch, biting my finger nails in anticipation of what was going to happen. "Where were you?" I asked carefully. Making him angry was not the way to approach him.

"Out. Why do you care?" He slurred, clearly drunk.

"I'm your girlfriend. I care about you," I said slowly. The slower I talked, the more he comprehended. The alcohol had taken over his body and he wasn't thinking straight. That's what I told myself. That was the excuse I made for him. He didn't deserve an excuse.

"Tenneh, shut the hell up," He yelled. I stood from the couch. I grabbed my purse and walked towards the door of our apartment. His hand tightly clenched my wrist. "Where do you think you are going?" he said pushing me up against the wall. His other arm sprung across my throat, holding me down even harder and making it more difficult to breath. I couldn't get the words out. I couldn't find the oxygen to do it.  His hand made contact with my cheek first, and after that it was a blur. I remember crying, I can't remember how I got out, or how it ended.

He stared slyly at me, leaning up against one of the concrete pillars holding the whole structure up. I knew how strong he was, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could have knocked the building down with his two bare hands. I unconsciously began sprinting towards Jimmy now. He was at the car waiting for me already.

"You really thought you could beat me?" Jimmy asked with a side ways smile across his face. I hunched over and rested my hands on my knees. I began to sob. I didn't know what else to do. "Tenneh, it was just a race, you don't need to cry," Jimmy said coming to my side. I began hyperventilating. I couldn't speak, I was too far gone. "Hey, what's wrong?" Jimmy said. He put his hands around my arms and forced me to stand. I never told Jimmy about my ex.

"M-my ex. I just saw him," I explained. "He was a b-bad guy. He used t-to abuse me," I finally got out. Jimmy face went from confused to angry in an instant.

"What? He hurt you? Did he do anything to you today?" Jimmy asked. He had a sense of urgency in his voice. He was looking around for the man that cause me pain.

"N-not today," I said still shaken up. Jimmy pulled me in for a hug. His hand rested comfortably in my hair and his lips placed a kiss on the top of my head. I wrapped my arms around him, holding on for dear life.

"Tenneh- why haven't you ever told me this before?" he asked, he sounded like it hurt that I held this information from him.

"I was trying to forget about him and I didn't want you to have to worry about it," I said calming down now that I knew Jimmy would protect me.

"Tenneh, I'm always going to worry about you. I love you and I don't ever want someone it cause you that kind of pain. I will always be here to protect you. You don't deserve that kind of burden that he could show up at anytime," Jimmy said still looking around for him.

"I love you too, Jimmy," I said picking my head off of his chest to reach up and kiss his lips. Now that Jimmy knew about my ex, it was like a weight lifted off of my shoulders. I knew I had my knight in shining armor in Jimmy, and he would protect me from the evil dragon that was at the entrance of the parking garage.