•time of need• {tom brady}

When you see my face hope it give you hell

****

"Breaking news! New England Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady's 4 game suspension has been reinstated. Stay tuned for live coverage from around the league," Stephen A. Smith announced. I stood numb in front of the Television with the remote in my hand, contemplating whether to shut off the noise or continue listening.

"Second year quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo will be thrust into the starting role come next fall and according to many personnel he won't be able to get the job done."

"The reign in New England could come to an end with this suspension. Four games is a long time for your star quarterback to be of the field."

I clicked the power button. What did these people know anyways? They were just talking heads who were paid to give a false opinion. My heart was racing with anger and my head was fuzzy. How could my team win our division without Tom on the field. This didn't seem real.

The house seemed hot and I needed to get out. I threw on an old pair of sandals and ran out of the house. The spring air instantly cooled me down on the outside but my insides were still shaking with fury.

Any fan of football knows that this whole situation is ridiculous. People make fun of the Patriots all the time for Deflategate but how would they like it if their quarterback was being forced into a punishment for doing nothing.

I found a rock that I had been kicking since I left. It was the only thing taking my mind off of the whole Brady situation. Kicking it back and forth between my left foot and right foot. Left foot. Right foot. I picked up my left foot to kick it again when suddenly a large figure ran into me.

"I'm so sorry," the voice apologized. Somehow, I knew that voice. I knew it well. I slowly lifted my head from the sidewalk.

"It's my fault. I wasn't paying attention. I'm so sorry. I'm Kayla," I introduced myself.

"I'm Tom," he said hiding out his large quarterbacking hand. I gladly took it.

"Are you out here getting your mind off of everything?" I asked sheepishly. I half smiled at him.

"Yeah. It's been a rough day. What are you doing out here?" He asked.

"Same thing as you. I was getting so mad the more those people on the tv talked about you and I just needed to clear my head," I explained.

"I stopped watching that a long time ago. They are just talking heads who never even played football. They don't know much," he said.

"That's what I think if them too. I don't know why I listen to them. Ever."

I changed the way I was walking so I could continue walking with Tom. "How are you handling it?" I asked. I was concerned about the savior of New England football.

"Not so well. That's why I'm out here. I felt like I was going to lose my mind and I needed to clear my head," he explained. His hands were stuffed deep in his pockets.

"Are you going to keep fighting?" I asked. I tilted my head to get a better view of his expression.

"I don't know...." He mumbled.

"Tom, you have to! All of the New England area is counting on you and we back you. We know the truth. We just want to see you win just like every Sunday," I insisted.

"It's just that my chances against the Supreme Court aren't that good," Tom said. He found a rock to kick now and was kicking it down the sidewalk.

"They weren't that good against the best ranked defense last year in the Super Bowl but you defied the odds. You won your fourth Super Bowl. If you drop this now, all of your time put into it will have been for nothing. Do it for us fans Tom. Do it for everyone. Do it for yourself," I whined. He couldn't really think about quitting now, could he?

"You're right. I've put too much into this to just quit without exhausting all of my options. Thank you! Thank you a o much! I needed this talk," Tom said. His muscular arms wrapped around my body in a friendly hug.

"I needed this too. Give em hell Tom."

rebelrebelstardust12  it seems relevant after today. So mad 😡 Anyways thanks for requesting!